Registration Name For Server and Domain

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
Losing_grip
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Registration Name For Server and Domain

Post by Losing_grip »

Hi guys, im about to get web hoster and domain name, Is it wise to not put your real name and stuff? I mean, its not that im going to put any illegal warez or stuff, But i really want it to keep private, since my real name can easily be googled and my facebook account would quickly show. The point is, is there any disadvantage if i put fake one? Anyway, i know that you can avail "WHOIS guard stuff" but it cost addition $$$.

Any suggestion guys? Thanks in advance guys.

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

I would advise to put your real name, as long as there is nothing illegal, you don't have to worry a lot :roll:
As for face book, you can put restrictions on you account, making Google search impossible, even on face book you can put limitations on search.
mahmoud_shihab@hotmail.com

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, false data can lead to a deletion of the domain in case somebody complains....but IF someone complains the registrar usually tries to contact you first via email and/or phone, and if you reply they see it as proof that the data is correct (well, that's how it is done by the registrar I have used before I became my own, yours might handle it different so I wouldn't count on it).
best pay the little extra for a private domain, then you're on the safe side.
of course a private registration does not mean you are anonymous, it's not a big deal to retrieve the data by a lawyer or any authorities....the intention is only to keep regular people away from abusing your data.

:wink:

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

You could use a PO Box. They are cheap and should work.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

Private whois info is usually an extra $3-5. If you're really that worried about it, you will buy it and forgo a couple cups of coffee or pints of beer down the road. Simple.

Losing_grip

Post by Losing_grip »

Thanks for the help guys, i decided to put my real information and purchase WHOIS private stuff :)

Thanks alot! :D