Benefits Of Using Flash Components For Web Design

All about creating websites!
Darth

Benefits Of Using Flash Components For Web Design

Post by Darth »

Flash web designs are used by most of the web designers, as they are visually appealing and create a better platform to present your matter. Flash is one of the user-friendly methods of online communication. Flash designs are appreciated by many people due to its visual impact. If used wisely, Flash designs deliver your concept in the most effective way, conveying the right message to the targeted clients. Flash components have the ability to create an instant communication with the users, thereby conveying all the needed information about the aim of the site, the products and services offered.
Flash is one of the powerful web communication tools available nowadays. Flash components include a variety of multimedia tools like animation, video and sound. Thoughts and ideas which cannot be conveyed through texts can be easily expressed through pictures and online presentations. Thus Flash serves the purpose in a better way.
Most of the people have a false concept that Flash websites cannot get a high ranking. But these websites using can be optimized using the primary keywords, to get a Google ranking. The advancements in search engine algorithms help in getting good Google results.
Flash websites have many more benefits, when compared to others. Read more about Flash websites from articles published by flash design Brisbane companies, to know more about the latest developments in flash design. You can do a web search using the keyword flash design brisbane to get these articles.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

I removed your URL for you. no need to thank me.

Anyway, I strongly disagree. I never use flash because it is the work of the devil. It has more holes then a swiss cheese and is resource demanding as hell. Have you ever checked your CPU activity while visiting a site full of flash ads?

If you don't believe me, take a look here (might crash your browser): http://flashcrash.dempsky.org
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Cats,

I agree but disagree with you. Flash is modern in my opinion and makes a web site "POP" out. I agree is a resource hog but if you get a more modern computer the effects wont be as noticeable. :twisted: Are you still running a 486? with Windows 3.1? *thumb*

As far as a security issue I suppose its like any other thing if you dont put a lid over the holes someone is going to get in.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

floodhound2 the "poping out" can be done without flash (although I am uncertain on the exact differences, like what you can do in Flash and Not in JavaScript for example. I imagine that you can do more smooth animations with flash at the cost of resources).

I'm on a Quad core in school at the moment and I have a good example that actually makes the resource hogging pretty noticeable ^^

Code: Select all

http://aftonbladet.se/
And about security, Adobe has admitted themselves that they have problems with a lot of security holes in some of their products. And the bug demonstrated in the "flashcrash" link is an old one that they failed to patch.

leetnigga
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by leetnigga »

Flash is horrendous.

Stealing focus, CPU cycles. Real support for platforms other than Windows is lacking. Seriously, I hate using Flash on every platform. Also, most Flash-based websites are a bitch to navigate and use.

I would love me some HTML5 <video> all around the web.

I hope Flash and Adobe die a painful death.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

leetnigga wrote:I hope Flash and Adobe die a painful death.
Amen

...I do like Photoshop though (but the price is horrible)

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, a Flash-based site can be very impressing when visiting it the first time, but with every visit it annoys more and more...especially when you have to stare at a "loading" bar until the site finally displays.
not everyone has a fast connection, people on dialup or older ISDN-connections will leave when the site takes minutes to load.
and it can be a pain in the rear for Linux-users (especially if they are not really experienced), and even for my "Minefield"-version of FF on win7 it is simply not working.

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

Flash has its pro's and con's

You have to remember that Flash still requires a browser plug-in to function.

Already there are Javascript libraries that can handle vector based images, as well as keyframing, couple it with HTML5's canvas and you can do practically anything that Flash can do, albeit its just much more difficult.

zeus_zf
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by zeus_zf »

Flash is not without its flaws. Nor is it not useful. Now, if you want a flashy site, you can use jQuery for it to pop out. Essentially, the GUI aspect of it.

Flash is okay, as it is our current means for web media, such as videos and songs and so forth.

It can make your players look very awesome, but I think that is as far as I would go for using flash. Outside of that. I think all of my needs are met through other forms for the gui's sake!
<strong><a href="\\\\\\\http://the-gatesofolympus.tk\\\\\\\" title="\\\\\\\My Site\\\\\\\">THE GATES OF OLYMPUS</a> </strong><hr>
I am putting together a team of hackers and gamers for fun and profit. We are looking for awesome people such as yourself