Error

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
Dltr
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Error

Post by Dltr »

I was watching a Movie on this Website :

Code: Select all

http://www.movies-links.tv/
And after watching the Whole Movie , i went back to The Website to watch an another Movie ... Then i got this Error Messages :
Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Access denied for user 'apache'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/admin/domains/watch-movies-links.net/public_html/cfg/class/class.db.3.php on line 118

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/admin/domains/watch-movies-links.net/public_html/cfg/class/class.db.3.php on line 118

So Guys , Any Ideas or Explanation for This !

Thank You
Dltr

leetnigga

Post by leetnigga »

The PHP script you were seeing the output of failed to connect to the MySQL database.

In a production environment errors like this should be caught, or at least not displayed to the client. It's sloppy coding on their part. That, and their database failed somehow.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

yeup....bad server admin. on a productive server such errors shouldn't be displayed for users because it can give away a lot of sensitive info (you can see the full path to the website and a database username by that error message in your example).

a simple "display_errors= Off" in php.ini disables such an output for the public....the server admin can find it in the error logs anyway (usually the website/webspace admin too).

Looter
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by Looter »

Thanks for the tip badbrain, I forgot about that call...Going to start using that.

Dltr

Post by Dltr »

leetnigga wrote:The PHP script you were seeing the output of failed to connect to the MySQL database.

In a production environment errors like this should be caught, or at least not displayed to the client. It's sloppy coding on their part. That, and their database failed somehow.
bad_brain wrote:yeup....bad server admin. on a productive server such errors shouldn't be displayed for users because it can give away a lot of sensitive info (you can see the full path to the website and a database username by that error message in your example).

a simple "display_errors= Off" in php.ini disables such an output for the public....the server admin can find it in the error logs anyway (usually the website/webspace admin too).

:roll: Thank You Guys !

Thank You
Dltr