argh!!!

Our very own fight club!
Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

argh!!!

Post by Kirk »

why is it that no matter what i do to learn this shit nothing ever fucking WORKS!!!!! aarrgghh! FUCK

l0ngb1t
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by l0ngb1t »

what shit ???
what is that you trying to learn in you are having trouble with ??
There is an UNEQUAL amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly. "The Jester"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hehe, 10 cent for every time I've said that to myself and I would be a rich man.... :lol:
sometimes it's the best to take a break and let your mind idle...I often find solutions for "unsolvable" problems by simply NOT thinking about it. because the more you focus on something the more complicated your thoughts will become and you are blocking yourself for simple solutions.

:wink:

Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

Post by Kirk »

I'm beginning to think I should go with my business degree and leave off my computer schooling. I'm sure you will all find this comical because of its simplicity.

I want to learn wardriving. I found a list of compatible chipsets with the aircrack -ng suite so I ran out to best buy a bought one on the list. WRONG. instead of buying linksys WUSB54GC V2. No, i got V3. the chipset is not correct for packet injection. wouldnt matter anyways. i have ubuntu working but, really, i dont know what the hell im doing with it anyways. I have Back Track 4 final installed in a virtual machine but cant seen to get it online.

constant bad luck or just plain stupid, dont know yet. let take a poll.

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

Just as bad_brain said
leave the issue for some time, and come back to solve it, you won't believe how much insight you would have gained regarding the problem/what ever it is.
You'll look at it from another perspective, and there you have your solution :)
mahmoud_shihab@hotmail.com

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

Kirk, none of us woke up one morning with a Linux manual in the head....and I am sure everyone here had such "dammit, am I too stupid or what?!"-moments more than once already.
and you have picked a topic that is a minefield: WLAN over USB on a laptop....it can be a total pain in the rear on Linux, and if I would try to set it up you would have the great opportunity to learn loads of german swearwords... :lol:

network connectivity on a virtual machine is also no picknick.

here's what I would do: install BT4 the regular way, at least the network connectivity should be much more easy then. of course there is no guarantee that packet injection will work then, because with some network devices you simply have bad luck on Linux.

so don't give up, because I am sure you have learned a lot simply by trying to make it work, no matter if it failed yet.....if everything would work out of the box there would be no room for learning... :wink:

l0ngb1t

Post by l0ngb1t »

bad_brain wrote:dammit, am I too stupid or what?!"
i get that alooooooootttttttttttttttt
and btw kirk since am having some troubles with linux we can learn from each other just pm if you want

B_B can i teach the members some Lebanese swearwords ??? :P
There is an UNEQUAL amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly. "The Jester"

Dltr

Post by Dltr »

l0ngb1t wrote:
bad_brain wrote:dammit, am I too stupid or what?!"
i get that alooooooootttttttttttttttt
and btw kirk since am having some troubles with linux we can learn from each other just pm if you want

B_B can i teach the members some Lebanese swearwords ??? :P

LOL !

Thank You
Dltr

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Hey kirk, don't let it frustrate you too much, it'll just make it harder to think. Like everyone else has said, just leave your mind to other matters for a while and come back to it ;)

Hey, while we're at it, can i teach these guys some english curse words...? Wait... fuck, everyone knows them already. But in america, we're inventive. We now have "Curse sentences". That's right, we're bad ass. For example, if someone REALLY pisses you off, call them a "Cock juggling thunder-cunt." That'll teach 'em *thumb*
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

l0ngb1t

Post by l0ngb1t »

gogeta70 wrote:For example, if someone REALLY pisses you off, call them a "Cock juggling thunder-cunt." That'll teach 'em *thumb*
you see kirk times like these i say : damnit am i stupid or what

WTF... cock juggling ??? what is that ??
it's 3 am over here i have a class in 4 hours i gotta get some sleep
goodnight guys

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Kirk,

This is the natural progression of things. You will have times of serious doubt and troubles. Jut keep plugging away. Often at work I engineer a new prototype and feel overwhelmed, I get stuck and think its to complex. Let me tell you though when you overcome the obstacle you get a rush of nerd like adrenaline.

Keep asking questions and hell Ill call you on the phone personally to help.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

leetnigga

Post by leetnigga »

I'm sorry to hear.

I always get everything the first time.

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

leetnigga wrote:I'm sorry to hear.

:O
You must be like... the only one! :O

You're my new idol! :P

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

leetnigga wrote:I'm sorry to hear.

Yea when I was young I use to get it right the first time as well...

...then I grew up. Now it takes me a few times.
:-99
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

Results? Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results. I know several thousand things that won't work.
- Thomas A. Edison
I'm sorry that your results are that limited leetnigga... :P :lol: