PDF preview

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

PDF preview

Post by floodhound2 »

Hey people.

have some PDF files that I can sneak a peek into with out opening it - the icon is a small image of whats inside. Then I have some that just have the icon. Anyone know how I can make it so that I can see into all of them and not just some of them?

Thanks
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

this depends on the .pdf file itself, when you create a pdf in Adobe you can include a thumbnail which is displayed in icon view...if there is no thumbnail included in the document the OS falls back to the default .pdf icon of your system.

so there is no way to enable it generally via the OS settings... :wink:

P.S. there are thumbnail generators available, but the ones I have found by a quick search all sucked, because you would have to add the thumbnail manually for each document....most likely there are automatic batch tools available too, maybe you're lucky and find a good and free one... :wink:

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Thank BB but I am not sure I agree with you.

I recall that most of my pdfs had this preview feature, now after a new op-system install the are mostly a basic pdf icon. I am not 100% on this argument but my boss agrees with me also.

Hum :-k
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hmm...you might be right....it's just what I've remembered for XP, but if you are using win7 64bit and Adobe this might help:
http://www.pretentiousname.com/adobe_pd ... index.html