Microphone problems Ubuntu

Don´t be shy, Linux is fun! =)
FaoX
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Microphone problems Ubuntu

Post by FaoX »

So I've had kubuntu 9 for awhile and it took alot of tinkering to get everything i wanted to work going but one major thing that I cant get to work properly is my microphone. Most programs do not get any audio from it. Skype managed to get audio but its highly distorted and sounds demonic <.<. I have an on board sound card (Nvidia). One thing I'm not sure about is if one of my many audio ports is the only one that will work with it (6 ports for suround sound that im not using) but my mic is in the normal slot for my windows boot (pink ofcourse). Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as ive been trying to get it working on and off for about 5 months(mostly just sticking to my windows boot because of ease of use since everything already working there). If you need any information about my setup just tell me how to find that out and I will provide it. Thanks again.
\"The OS is detected as NetBSD (it will even run on your toaster).\"

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

I had a similar problem when using Pulseaudio because Skype and pulse don't get along so well.

I was directed to this link, and found a solution:

Code: Select all

http://idyllictux.wordpress.com/2009/04/21/ubuntu-904-jaunty-keeping-the-beast-pulseaudio-at-bay/
On my other system I could just select in Skype > Options > Audio a different device then pulse, and that worked also.

also, I suppose you should disregard if you don't use pulseaudio ^_^
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

FaoX
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by FaoX »

I'm pretty sure I already disabled pulse before for a previous problem with enemy territory(native wolfenstien mod). If this helps the hardware input that skpe picks up is hda nvidia alc 888 analog, atleast thats the one that atleasts picks up my voice in a demonic tone. I cant get anything from the other ports.
\"The OS is detected as NetBSD (it will even run on your toaster).\"