admin priv.

Problems? Post here...
Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

admin priv.

Post by Kirk »

So i want to alter my %system32%/drivers/etc/host.txt file to creat a loop for a program so it cant update. However when I try to alter the file it says i need admin rights. Well i built this computer, and set me as admin so why cant i change the file? and how do i make it so i am admin and able to change the file.

Im running windows 7

EDIT: solved it. go to the command prompt in accessories and right click it. click run as administrator. when the cmd prompt opens type

net user administrator /active:yes

THis will enable the admin account on vista/7. log out and you will see the admin account as an option to log in as.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

Good job Kirk.

I love that feeling when ya get something to work that you havent done before :D
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

Post by Kirk »

So do I, Thuggy, so do I.

I just occurred to me. Lets say you are on a computer with a guest account. but dont know the password to the main user of the computer, hell, just activate the admin account and circumvent it.
For example, when you buy a computer from a store, on the initial start up you have to set it up. It asks you for you name and blah, blah. so sign in as 'guest' then set the admin account up. would this work you think? or am i missing something?

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

it will not work on the guest account kirk. trust me.