[Anime] The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

No hentai please.
ayu
Staff
Staff

[Anime] The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Post by ayu »

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

I thought it could be exciting to write about the series where I got my mascot from (Nagato).
It's weird that so many people like it, because it's all about a girl who has some godly powers without knowing it. Other then that it's about "slice of life" and how her friends manage to protect time and space from her creepyness.

Genres: comedy, mystery, psychological, science fiction, slice of life, supernatural
Themes: Bishojo, otaku, Parody, school

Plot Summary: On the first day of high school a beautiful girl named Haruhi Suzumiya introduces herself as having "no interest in ordinary humans". She asks for any aliens, time travelers, sliders or espers to join her. Watching her weird behaviour is Kyon who sits in front of Haruhi and is the only person who talks to her. When Kyon comments about Haruhi's joining every club in school and then quitting he unwittingly gives Haruhi an idea to start her own after school club. Thereafter Kyon and several others find themselves dragged, literally, into the Save our world by Overloading it with fun Suzumiya Haruhi's Brigade (the S.O.S. Brigade for short).

Seen in part or in whole by 10824 users, rank: #7
Median rating: Excellent
Arithmetic mean: 8.710 (Excellent-.29), std. dev.: 1.8261, rank: #125
Weighted mean: 8.669 (Excellent-.33), rank: #112
Bayesian estimate: 8.667 (Excellent-.33), rank: #26

Code: Select all

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=6430
Last edited by ayu on 22 May 2010, 14:19, edited 1 time in total.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

What I found confusing was that the episodes aren't in chronological order, but surprisingly it didn't matter that much, I still enjoyed the show.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Lundis wrote:What I found confusing was that the episodes aren't in chronological order, but surprisingly it didn't matter that much, I still enjoyed the show.
Yeah that's a mind fuck >_>
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Post by Necrix »

I was looking for an anime to watch next. Thanks.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Post by Necrix »

Ahhh!
After the second episode I realized something..I already saw some of this anime!

And I loved it! A friend of mine's notorious for lending out anime..but only having episodes that are later in the seasons of whatever anime. So, I had seen some of this anime already.

I highly recommend it. By the way, it was the S.O.S. Brigade that made me remember. A few friends of mine and me wanted to start one at school. XD
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews