My top 5 favorite animes

No hentai please.
Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

My top 5 favorite animes

Post by Gogeta70 »

Hey guys. Here's my list of top 5 favorite animes that i strongly recommend watching ^_^

5. .Hack//Sign
Tags:

* Adventure,
* Slow-paced,
* Person in a Strange World,
* RPG,
* Hackers

In a massive online world, people act only as well as their conscience demands. When one player's punishment is to be trapped in this world, a disparate group of people seek the answers why. Their motives are varied; their methods even more so. What stands between when we tear down the walls of reality? Where does our soul end and we begin?

4. Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X
ImageImage

Tags:

* Shounen,
* Samurai,
* Swordsmen,
* Feudal Japan

In the revolutionary Meiji period, Japan is undergoing enormous political change. It is a time when vagabonds and terrorists will use any method to prevent the modernization of their country, even if it means trampling on the innocent in the process. In such a time, Himura Kenshin, a wandering samurai, has dedicated his life to protecting the weak and desperate peasants from those who would oppress them. However, Kenshin has a dark past which threatens to destroy the values he is fighting for. When he meets his new friends Kaoru, Sanosuke, and Yahiko, and tries to build a peaceful life with them, events conspire against him. Can Kenshin overcome the demons within and without, and finally ensure the peaceful future that Japan deserves?

3. Tsubasa Chronicles

Tags:

*Adventure,
*Fantasy,
*Magic,
*Romance

The power to cross over dimensions is one that is deeply coveted -- a lesson that childhood friends Sakura and Syaoran learn the hard way when an unknown enemy attacks an archaeological dig in their country. As a result, Sakura's memories are scattered to different dimensions, causing her to fall into a deep sleep. In order to save Sakura's life, she and Syaoran must journey to various worlds in search of her memories, with the help of fellow travelers, Fai and Kurogane. But finding Sakura's memories won't be easy, and the price for traveling through time and space is high...

2. Clannad

Tags:

* Harem,
* Drama,
* Romance,
* Comedy,
* School Life

Tomoya Okazaki is a third-year high school student who is generally bored with life and doesn't take his studies, future, or anything else seriously. One day, however, he meets a lonely-looking girl in the school courtyard, Nagisa Furukawa. She explains to him the source of her loneliness: she had missed a lot of the previous school year and thus is repeating her third year; everybody that she knew has already graduated, and she is lonely. Tomoya is rather indifferent at first, but decides that he has nothing better to do and spends increasingly more time helping Nagisa restore the school drama club. As his relationship with Nagisa grows, Tomoya begins to open up to various other people around the school as well...

1. Code Geass

Tags:

* Mecha,
* Sci Fi,
* Anti-hero,
* Political,
* Psychological,
* Superpowers,
* Revenge

In 2010, the Britannian Empire enslaved Japan using powerful mecha known as Knightmares; in the aftermath Japan was renamed Area 11, and its people began a hard and terrible existence. Lelouch, a Britannian student living in Area 11, has grown up hating the Empire and everything it stands for. One day, in the middle of a terrorist attack, Lelouch meets a mysterious girl who grants him the ability to control minds. Can he use his new power to fight for freedom, or will his hatred twist his good intentions into mindless acts of vengeance?

And that's my top 5 list. ^_^

By the way, if you watch code geass (which you really should!!), don't make the mistake cats did and watch the 2nd season first (R2 is the 2nd season). XD
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: My top 5 favorite animes

Post by ayu »

gogeta70 wrote: By the way, if you watch code geass (which you really should!!), don't make the mistake cats did and watch the 2nd season first (R2 is the 2nd season). XD
Hey I didn't watch all of it! I discovered it half way through x)
The thing was that it kind of made sense, even though it was the second season : |

Nice list, some of my favs too :D
I'll make my list later in this thread ^-^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

nice selection gog!
here's my top 5 anime:

5. X (anime version)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_(manga)

4. Macross Frontier
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macross_frontier

3. Full Metal Alchemist
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_metal_alchemist

2. Death Note
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deathnote

1. Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_geass

I'm an otaku i love anime and manga hehehe!

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

Gogeta, u seen .Hack//Root? I find it better then the first one :)
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

I haven't seen .hack//root. I'll have to check it out.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Ok, it was hard to make a list (I have a lot of favorites), but this feels pretty accurate.

0.5: Ranma ½ (Edit, I simply had to add this one ...can't believe that I actually forgot it at first ...the top 5 list fail ... I can't make a list with only 5 xD)

Plot Summary: Saotome Ranma, a teenage martial artist, and his father Genma travel to the 'cursed training ground' of Jusenkyo in China. There, despite the warnings of the Chinese guard, they fall into the cursed springs. From now on, whenever Ranma is doused in cold water, he turns in to a girl, and a cute, well-built red-head at that. Hot water changes him back into a man again, but only until the next time. To make matters worse, his father engages him to Tendo Akane, a girl who hates boys.

1: Kanon (2006)

Plot Summary: Yuichi Aizawa returns to this city after seven years. In his childhood, he often visited it, but something happend in the past which caused him to block out his memories of the events of seven years ago. On the day after he gets settled in, he meets a girl carrying a backpack with wings on it. Her name is Tsukimiya Ayu and he begins to recall the memories he had lost.

2: Bleach

Plot Summary: Kurosaki Ichigo is a 15 year old boy that has an ability to see ghosts/spirits. Because of his ability, he is able to meet a female death god (a.k.a Shinigami) named Kuchiki Rukia. To save his family and friends from unwanted soul-eating spirits (Hollows), Rukia transfers her Shinigami powers to Ichigo. As Rukia takes on a human shell, together they solve mysteries involving spirits and hollows until from the spirit world comes 2 other shinigamis explaining that it is illegal to transfer Shinigami powers to humans and Rukia exceeded the time limit to stay in the human world. After they sentence her death for breaking the laws, Ichigo snaps and swears to everyone he will retrieve Rukia by breaking into the spirit world.

3: Naruto Shippūden

Plot Summary: Naruto Shippuuden is the continuation of the original animated TV series Naruto.The story revolves around an older and slightly more matured Uzumaki Naruto and his quest to save his friend Uchiha Sasuke from the grips of the snake-like Shinobi, Orochimaru. After 2 and a half years Naruto finally returns to his village of Konoha, and sets about putting his ambitions to work, though it will not be easy, as He has amassed a few (more dangerous) enemies, in the likes of the shinobi organization; Akatsuki.

4: Code Geass

Plot Summary: The Empire of Britannia has invaded Japan using giant robot weapons called Knightmare Frames. Japan is now referred to as Area 11, and its people the 11's. A Britannian who was living in Japan at the time, Lelouch, vowed to his Japanese friend Suzaku that he'd destroy Britannia. Years later, Lelouch is in high school, but regularly skips out of school to go play chess and gamble on himself. One day, he stumbles on terrorists 11's who've stolen a military secret and is caught by a member of the Britannian task force sent after them, who is Suzaku. As the rest of the squad arrives, Suzaku is shot for disobeying orders, while the military secret, a young girl, gives Lelouch the power of Geass, which makes anyone obey any order. While Suzaku is secretly made the pilot of Britannia's brand new prototype Knightmare, Lancelot, Lelouch becomes the masked Zero to lead the rebellion to destroy Britannia once and for all.

5: Fairy Tail

Plot Summary: Lucy is a 17-year-old girl, who wants to be a full-fledged mage. One day when visiting Harujion Town, she meets Natsu, a young man who gets sick easily by any type of transportation. But Natsu isnt just any ordinary kid, he's a member of one of the world's most infamous mage guilds: Fairy Tail.

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

cats wrote:
ooh, that's cold! hehehe! "use your own server to host images" dang! didn't know that there are sites are that rude.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

oops ...

I can see it though

Guess they don't like hotlinking

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

@n3rd: is hack//root the 26episode .hack anime? or am i looking at the wrong torrent?

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

Pong18 wrote:@n3rd: is hack//root the 26episode .hack anime? or am i looking at the wrong torrent?
That is correct sir :)

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

thanks n3rd! but dang the seeds suck! i've been downloading this for a whole week and still not done. do you know any torrent for this anime that is rich in seeds? i also saw a another .hack anime titled .hack liminality are these 2 connected? or do they just have similar titles?

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

I think those 2 are OVA :)

ill see if I can get u a good torrent.

Polynomial
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by Polynomial »

My top five:
1) Death Note
Best plot of an anime so far, very gripping story telling. Characters are very well portrayed. The art is some of the best I've seen in an anime.

2) Soul Eater
Great well-rounded anime. Exciting plot, plenty of action, some great funny moments too. Shinigami chop!

3) Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Currently watching this one and I'm loving it. The art isn't the best I've seen in an anime, but the plot is clever and well thought out with some great action and mystery. I'm just starting season 2, and after that I'm gonna watch the original GitS movies.

4) Hellsing / Hellsing Ultimate
Scantily clad vampire girl and giant pimp-vampire dude with huge guns and massive battles. 'Nuff said.

5) Fullmetal Alchemist
FMA was pretty good, though I feel the ending ruined it. If you judge it on all but the last couple of episodes, it's very entertaining.

Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

Polynomial, have you watched fullmetal alchemist brotherhood? They made a new ending there :D

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Nice list man, thanks for the contribution ^_^