Why, why, why god?

...let us know what you think, free speech!
leetnigga
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by leetnigga »

crashacid wrote:well,ok everyone has right to express anything they wish but is it good to say believer dumb ass or saying something bad about god
I think freedom of speech should allow that, but I agree blatant ad-hominem attacks are not very respectable.

I don't think I have insulted the Christian God but there are a lot of things He could be accused of. Homophobia, mass murder, jealousy, etc.
crashacid wrote:what would you do if i says your family shitty words you won't tolerate and start to abuse me in the same way i can't tolerate anyone saying anything bad about god.
Your religion tells you not to say anything bad about your God. There are a lot of people who don't believe in your god and are not followers of your religion. You can't expect those people to live by the rules of your religion. It's called freedom of religion I believe.

I personally think the rules are petty. I think no one is above ridicule or anything like that, and jealousy is a petty human emotion.
crashacid wrote:you don't believe god exist OK end up there no need to show it to everyone that you are believer of science but not god.
Science is the process of acquiring knowledge through the scientific method. There's no belief involved, just evidence and reasoning and lots of hard thinking.

It's a controversial topic, so I don't think you should be surprised that it is discussed. I think the taboo that protects religion from criticism should be broken. It's not special. It's a belief like any other, and it deserves to be criticized like any other.

With religious extremists and church scandals and wars, I think religion is a big problem and it's a problem of our society, not something that is personal.

crashacid

Post by crashacid »

crashacid wrote:
well,ok everyone has right to express anything they wish but is it good to say believer dumb ass or saying something bad about god
I think freedom of speech should allow that, but I agree blatant ad-hominem attacks are not very respectable.

I don't think I have insulted the Christian God but there are a lot of things He could be accused of. Homophobia, mass murder, jealousy, etc.
freedom of speech this word is just annoying me. terrorist do such things and says
we are doing this because we are allowed to fight for freedom and you says we are allowed to offence others and call it freedom of speech there is no diffrence between you and terrisots.
crashacid wrote:
what would you do if i says your family shitty words you won't tolerate and start to abuse me in the same way i can't tolerate anyone saying anything bad about god.
Your religion tells you not to say anything bad about your God. There are a lot of people who don't believe in your god and are not followers of your religion. You can't expect those people to live by the rules of your religion. It's called freedom of religion I believe.

I personally think the rules are petty. I think no one is above ridicule or anything like that, and jealousy is a petty human emotion.

bro not only my religion but every religion (which i dont think are) tells you not to say bad about your god.and please we are not holding gun and running behind you and forcing you to convert in our religion thats just ridicules what you said (There are a lot of people who don't believe in your god and are not followers of your religion. You can't expect those people to live by the rules of your religion. It's called freedom of religion I believe.) do what you want chose what you like no one forcing you to do this and that i only said not to tell anything bad to god and you are just getting me wrong.
crashacid wrote:
you don't believe god exist OK end up there no need to show it to everyone that you are believer of science but not god.
Science is the process of acquiring knowledge through the scientific method. There's no belief involved, just evidence and reasoning and lots of hard thinking.

It's a controversial topic, so I don't think you should be surprised that it is discussed. I think the taboo that protects religion from criticism should be broken. It's not special. It's a belief like any other, and it deserves to be criticized like any other.

With religious extremists and church scandals and wars, I think religion is a big problem and it's a problem of our society, not something that is personal.
But some people like you obviously like you act like they worship science.
well i can't argue on this topic because i have less knowledge on my own religion and well am not that smart enough to argue with and i apologize if anyone was offended
if i can feel pain.i can feel ALLAH s presence also.if some one can show the form of pain. then i can show him presence of ALLAH.
Hatred fuels knowledge

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

oh well, it's pretty clear that this thread became totally pointless and will lead to nothing but trouble.

from a personal rant it turned into the good old "no matter who will say what it will convince nobody of the opposite, even if it will be discussed until 2050" oneway street.

people discuss since hundreds of years which religion is the true one and if god exists or not, and they even started wars about those questions...so a little community site full of computer freaks will surely not solve it... :lol:

locked....what a surprise... :P

P.S. on V2 we will luckily have the nifty blog feature where such topics can be posted as personal opinion with comments en- or disabled... :wink:

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

Religious debates always end the same way, minimum productivity and maximum hostility.
Yeah you have the right to express yourself how you like, and I'm all for the freedom of speech, but if that will always end up in a fight I don't see why should we allow these debates in the first place.

If someone doesn't agree or has something to say you can PM me freely.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Ph0 is the man.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.