Why, why, why god?

...let us know what you think, free speech!
floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Why, why, why god?

Post by floodhound2 »

I was eating last night at a steak house when this guy just wanted to talk about God. I am sorry people but he sounded so ignorant.

- I told him that if he was educated he would understand that Christianity is a tool to keep him from looking inside the box, the universe. To see how things work. It keeps people from asking how does this work, or why does that work. "Oh son its gods work so never mind." A preacher will say.

- I insisted that first off, all the animals in the world wont fit on a boat - elementary math can prove this fact. Hell all the animals can hardly fit on the planet let alone a boat.

- I told him that in the bible God created man on the 6th day. Science proves that man is not older than Dinosaurs.

I hate god who is hypocritical. In one minute God will forgive and turn the other cheek but if you die he will banish you to hell. God is keeping man from moving forward. So many country's that suppress there people because of this notion that there is a God.

I say to hell with God and the truth be spread!
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

I exist, but you are right :) people are dumb ^^.
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

"We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if mankind is to survive." ~ Albert Einstein
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

scientific evidence is worth nothing when you talk with people that "believe" in something..."belief" is the absence of evidence.
it's the same when you talk to people that believe in conspiracy theories, if you prove they're wrong by providing evidence their usual reply is "your evidence was faked by the conspirators"... :lol: :roll:

John_W
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by John_W »

Be careful, the bible can actually not be read like a historic text; the bible must be interpreted by the reader to be understood correctly (this is called exegesis).

This means that god is actually a personification of nature, and of course the world was not created in 6 days (the 6 days are rather a way of telling that a new era began - big bang would be first day, etc...)

Further, if you take a look at the bible you'll see that there are two different stories of the creation of the world, both are not correct as they are written, but merely are a way of the author to explain what he knew about the process of evolution.

Let's take another example used at school to explain why there are two versions of one process: Think of a biologist, a floristic and a poet writing about a rose; all three of them will tell you different things, all of them are true - of course the creation of the world didn't happen as it's written in the bible, but it shows how the people thought at the time they wrote their texts.

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

John_W wrote:Be careful, the bible can actually not be read like a historic text; the bible must be interpreted by the reader to be understood correctly (this is called exegesis).

This means that god is actually a personification of nature, and of course the world was not created in 6 days (the 6 days are rather a way of telling that a new era began - big bang would be first day, etc...)

Further, if you take a look at the bible you'll see that there are two different stories of the creation of the world, both are not correct as they are written, but merely are a way of the author to explain what he knew about the process of evolution.

Let's take another example used at school to explain why there are two versions of one process: Think of a biologist, a floristic and a poet writing about a rose; all three of them will tell you different things, all of them are true - of course the creation of the world didn't happen as it's written in the bible, but it shows how the people thought at the time they wrote their texts.
Em just to clarify, I: God, did not create "the" bible, humans did, I never have or will support those books (Qu-ran or Bible or any other religious book for that matter)

Humans can do whatever they want but I do not justify the actions of people in order of my name.

=]

crashacid
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by crashacid »

This is forum is made to discuss about technology reason not to discuss about religious views everyone have their own thought why are we interfering with those stuff i request bad_brain to stop like those type of post.
Hatred fuels knowledge

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

crashacid wrote:This is forum is made to discuss about technology reason not to discuss about religious views everyone have their own thought why are we interfering with those stuff i request bad_brain to stop like those type of post.
hence the: Off-topic ;)

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

I thought we agree that religious topics shouldn't be here. We all know how they end...

3XTORTION

Post by 3XTORTION »

crashacid wrote:This is forum is made to discuss about technology reason not to discuss about religious views everyone have their own thought why are we interfering with those stuff i request bad_brain to stop like those type of post.
As n3rd said, this is an "Offtopic board" and besides that no one is really imposing anything on you. You're free to believe in whatever you want to believe in but everyone has the right to express their opinion freely, and there's nothing you can do to stop that.

leetnigga

Post by leetnigga »

I think the point of this section is to hear suck-o members talk about things other than technology. Threads like this one shouldn't be an exception, I would say.

The story of Noah's ark doesn't say every animal on the world was on a boat. It says males and females of every sort of animal.

A valid criticism of the story is that most plants would never have survived being underwater for so long if there ever was a flood.
John_W wrote:Be careful, the bible can actually not be read like a historic text; the bible must be interpreted by the reader to be understood correctly (this is called exegesis).

Ah right, "it shouldn't be taken literally", "what He meant to say was...".

The details of the book are irrelevant. Claims that there exists a God or a heaven are unscientific. They have no factual basis. No one has ever proven in the 6,000 years of life on earth (haha) that God exists. Instead, believers rely on "faith", which is the word that means belief in something without evidence. There is just as little evidence for the claims in the bible today as there was when the books were written.

Science is constantly progressing. The scientific method has been leading us to the truth about our universe. Science is what lead us to put a man on the moon. Science gave us skyscrapers and 747s.

Religion has lead people to blindly believe. "Pray". Ignorance and irrationality. I think it's a disgrace.

crashacid

Post by crashacid »

3XTORTION wrote:
As n3rd said, this is an "Offtopic board" and besides that no one is really imposing anything on you. You're free to believe in whatever you want to believe in but everyone has the right to express their opinion freely, and there's nothing you can do to stop that.
well,ok everyone has right to express anything they wish but is it good to say believer dumb ass or saying something bad about god what would you do if i says your family shitty words you won't tolerate and start to abuse me in the same way i can't tolerate anyone saying anything bad about god.
you don't believe god exist OK end up there no need to show it to everyone that you are believer of science but not god.
Hatred fuels knowledge

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

John_W

I think that you presented that well. Nice point of view.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

pretty anything can be discussed here, but as soon as personal offenses appear I will lock the thread, so relax folks... :wink:

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

leetnigga wrote: The details of the book are irrelevant. Claims that there exists a God or a heaven are unscientific. They have no factual basis. No one has ever proven in the 6,000 years of life on earth (haha) that God exists.
Dude, I just proved it by saying that I am God :P

nop but foreal think about this: The bible !claims! that God (say me) created humans in his own image, hence I am god =]