Adrian Lamo Rats Out WikiLeaks agent manning

...let us know what you think, free speech!
DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Adrian Lamo Rats Out WikiLeaks agent manning

Post by DNR »

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/0 ... eaks-chat/

Lamo tipped off the FBI and the Army about Manning’s claims, and on May 26, Manning was seized by Army authorities and put into pre-trial detention in Kuwait. He remains in Kuwait while the Army Criminal Investigation Division and other agencies investigate whether he leaked classified information and determine if he should be charged with any crime.

....excerpts from the chat logs, which Lamo provided to Wired.com. As received by Wired, the logs contained timestamps but not dates, so the dates below are approximate. We have substituted the instant messenger screen names with real names. The excerpts represent about 25 percent of the logs. Portions of the chats that discuss deeply personal information about Manning or that reveal apparently sensitive military information are not included.

"
(1:39:03 PM) Manning: i cant believe what im confessing to you :’(
(1:40:20 PM) Manning: ive been so isolated so long… i just wanted to be nice, and live a normal life… but events kept forcing me to figure out ways to survive… smart enough to know whats going on, but helpless to do anything… no-one took any notice of me
(1:40:43 PM) Manning: :’(
(1:43:51 PM) Lamo: back
(1:43:59 PM) Manning: im self medicating like crazy when im not toiling in the supply office (my new location, since im being discharged, im not offically intel anymore)
"

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Re: Adrian Lamo Rats Out WikiLeaks agent manning

Post by Lyecdevf »

DNR wrote:
"

(1:40:20 PM) Manning: ive been so isolated so long… i just wanted to be nice, and live a normal life… but events kept forcing me to figure out ways to survive… smart enough to know whats going on, but helpless to do anything… no-one took any notice of me

"

DNR
Sounds like he needs to be put away but maybe jail is not the best place for him. The loony bin would be more suited for him.
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

DrVirus
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by DrVirus »

Lamo == Traitor && Snitch

For a guy who was served time cause a friend ratted him out, one would expect him to understand the issue !! Apparently one would be mistaken.

Apart from the Manning V US which will take place shortly I believe, I would hope that internet users will keep their eyes open for the US V Julian Assange as well. It's no secret now that US is going after Wikileaks with enthusiasm now ! Julian is being subpoenaed to testify. If he does not cooperate, he may be charged. Now I'm not exactly familiar with the laws of US but I think he might be charged if he continues to protect his sources which he claims he will.

At the end of it all I do hope that Julian remains a free man and keeps doing what he does best.

DrV