Lockpicking

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Re: Lockpicking

Post by DNR »

Great job BB! Its hard to impress me nowdays!
=D>

You might also try holding the lock upside down, so your index finger is pressing the torsion bar - it might be more sensitive than your thumb. The torsion bar has to have just the right amount of pressure, enough to trap the pins that were pushed up, but not too tight to jam the pins in place. Your index finger of the other hand can be on top of the pick, to feel the pins slip past the tumbler. You can feel the pin scrape along the inside of the tumbler, then 'release' as it falls on the otherside of the tumbler. The torsion bar you can feel the release as well, each pin makes the tumble give ever so slightly. Its all in the touch..

The next level would be a genuine MASTER padlock. Then after that, a door lock. Build a peice of wood to install the door lock onto so you can sit confortably and play..
Door locks might be intimidating, but consider the abuse many door locks take, their tumblers and pins would be so loose...

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

thanks buddy.... :D I have to admit I'm astonished myself how easy that lock can be picked... 8O it protected the room in the cellar where my bike is stored, of course I replaced it now... :lol:

I know, usually you hold it upside down, but when I do it the good old 3rd hand is missing because I can not press the torsion hook to the outside with the index finger while holding the lock and so it blocks access to the bolts. I have a little weird hand coordination anyway, I think I am a forced re-educated leftie (in the times when I was in elementary school writing with the left hand was "no good")....that would also explain my horrible right-handed caption, I also pick up a guitar "the wrong way" for example.

lockpicking really got me after those unexpected fast successes, I will definitely get deeper into it... :D

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

Yeah it's pretty amazing the first time you open a lock so fast \:D/ I bought some master and doorlock... The only one messing with me is the Master 150 ](*,) Anyway, I'll throw in some pictures tonight!
bad_brain wrote:but I have to admit it's really fun, and I think about buying one of these:
http://www.lockpickshop.com/ST-23.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

looking forward to your pics.. :D
Hmm it is really expensive! Why do you plan to buy this? Because you want something to hold the lock or because there are 1,2,3,4,5 pins lock?

These kind of locks are really easy to remove/change pins... I would suggest you to buy a hobby vise and different door lock. Disassemble your door lock and you'll might find some spool pin or other security pins. because you have at least 2 door locks, you can switch the pin between them so 1 lock might have 4-5spool pins and the other one might be easier with just regular pins. Anyway, check around before spending this big amount of money :)

Maybe I'll post a video of me pinning/unpinning pin tumbler lock.
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, in the first place I want to buy it because it can hold the locks so I can sit in front of it and pick in a comfy position...and also because of the different lock types (amount of pins I mean). but you are right, customizing a lock by adding/removing pins might even be better because it's good to learn about the function......I might get 1 or 2 as you said, and then build a simple stand with 2 boards and drill a whole for the lock into it... :-k

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect

Post by Nerdz »

If you don't want to mess with the wood and drilling a hole, try this

http://www.kmstools.com/2-3-4-hobby-vise-2543" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm sure you can find other hobby vise cheaper...
http://www.bosstoolsupply.com/browsepro ... -Vise.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And for the door lock, check this out
http://www.locksportarchives.com/stuff/ ... inning.wmv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect

Post by Nerdz »

Here are my tools :)

Everything including the manual pickgun

All my pick(3 sets)

My lock from the easiest to the hardest...
Cheap homehardware lock, door lock x3, master 130, master 140, master 150

happy suck-o :D

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

F'ing A Nerdz that is a NICE kit... you guys are getting me worked up about this now...

If I can make an electronic pick - I got you guys beat...

:-k

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect

Post by Nerdz »

Thanks DNR, there are several tutorial on making your own electric pickgun:
http://www.geekityourself.com/2008/02/2 ... -lock-pick" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.lockpicking101.com/viewtopic ... cc3f29d66e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.lockpicking101.com/viewtopic ... cc3f29d66e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

etc... :)

I'll post a pic of my repinning kit soon

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

holy shit... 8O
man, that's a really nice collection.... :D seems you are slightly more advanced than me.... :lol:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

To be honest, I don't think you need all those picks. I made my own working kit in college - I used dental tools and a peice of spring steel. So while others brought those expensive kits and showed them off in class, I would show my two tools, the dental pick and the spring steel. Its all about touch and having the ability to visualize what is going on inside the lock (and hackers can do that well!). Those that brought the expensive kits, found out it was time to shut up when I picked locks faster with simple homemade tools.
I circled the ends of the dental picks that make good mods for lock picking. The top cirlced tip was the most popular - I filed down the sides to make it flatter, and you file off the sharp tip (it needs to be blunt). You can buy these strangely enough at flea markets or tool shops.

But - thats not to say I wouldn't want a sweet kit, I bet I could be that much faster.. :twisted:

DNR
-

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

OK, i am convinced i want one of these sets. I used to use a hair clip and a needle when i was younger. Started of cracking combination bike locks when i was about 10. I used to do these in under 10 seconds. The 4 number combo's were easier than the 3 number ones.

Bike parts are first though, these will just have to wait #-o
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

I made a short video on lockpicking, check it out ^_^

[youtube][/youtube]
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

wow, the raking is really nice, I've read about it but haven't tried it yet because I need a decent lock with 4 or 5 bolts first...don't want to try it on my real front door lock... :lol:

great video gog, I've added it to the favorites of the suck-o youtube channel.. =D> :D

P.S. oops...wanted to try on my front door, but forgot I have a lock with those type of keys (didn't find the english term):

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect

Post by Nerdz »

Nice video gog! Maybe it's time for a Lockpicking section ? :D

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Thats it - I am going to make a video

Since I don't own the house I used to live in - I am going to use the backdoor to demonstrate one kick ass trick - any noob can have sucess with this trick. It will be a very short video, because it will be a very quick way to break a entry lock.

Then, it would be great to get some safes from pawn shops - and work on cracking them. For the most part, most safes are 'peeled'. A safe is just like a lock, it only delays the unauthorized entry.

DNR
-