Windows 7 doesn't starts if u install earlier Windows OS

Problems? Post here...
z3r0aCc3Ss
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Windows 7 doesn't starts if u install earlier Windows OS

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

I had this bad experience last week.
On my C: drive, windows 7 was installed and i was using it widout any problems.
On my F: drive then, I installed Win XP SP2.
And when I restarted my PC after the setup, it showed me an error,
Error loading operating system.
Then I installed Win 7 on that drive, and it started again.
Y that happened?

Some r sayin dat u hv 2 configure ur bios, but how?
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP

Broken Angel

Re: Windows 7 doesn't starts if u install earlier Windows OS

Post by Broken Angel »

can u explain it in a bit more detailed manner pls? plus the Win XP wont work if u have installed it after installing Windows7 already...! which means that u have to either first install XP and then Windows7 or u can just have Windows7
God Blessed Me With Forgiveness And I Forgive You With My Revenge...!

-Broken Angel

z3r0aCc3Ss

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

Broken Angel wrote:can u explain it in a bit more detailed manner pls? plus the Win XP wont work if u have installed it after installing Windows7 already...! which means that u have to either first install XP and then Windows7 or u can just have Windows7
Yes, thats what I was talkin abt. I installed Win 7 1st, but due to some network problem, I lost my internet connectivity, and called my ISP. Those moron ppl told me install some different OS, coz they said, may b Win 7 is messing with d connectivity, but I knew that this wasn't the issue. I wanted install Kubuntu, but was not getting the CD and cudn't download as der was no connectivity. So, I chose XP, over vista,

coz i was widout d internet for 2-3 days, n a comp widout internet is simple like a school or college widout the principal or just like a huge army widout general. So, I also did that shit/stupid thing n installed XP, dunno y, may b i was in trauma, :P

And wen i installed XP in my F: drive, I got the error as "Error loading operating system".

The problem was, I was using dynamic IP and opted for static IP, so it takes around a week to assign a static IP. That was d main problem, and der was some problem in my PoE box also. So, the replaced PoE box, assigned me a static IP, today, :P.

Then I formatted XP and installed Win 7 again. Now, im getting 2 Win 7 OSes, but crashacid has given me a different way of removing another OS, so i hope it'll work.

BTW, can anybody explain how Win 7 boot works? I mean, i got this problem 2nd time, wid XP, earlier, it was a similar prob wid Kubuntu.
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

you should get familiar with bcdedit, you can manage the boot loader entries there, pretty much like GRUB in Linux, you can also remove the double entries there.
here's a nice howto:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/26 ... w-use.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:wink: