windows xp is still king

Problems? Post here...
Oppconsulting
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

windows xp is still king

Post by Oppconsulting »

Dont bother replying IM never on here
but anyway I have a dell system was vista boy that sucked ass had to crack all the user interfaces to shut the thing up and othe tweeks still was locke ot of a foleder or two
anyway got a dell windows 7 so I upgraded first of all it conflicted with everything then after it finally installed it kep crashing the internet pice of crap i wiped it went xp much faster and no annoying promts or crashes

and whats up with all the sites dissapearing all my good ones are gone
“As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.”
― John Lennon
“One thing you can't hide - is when you're crippled inside.”
― John Lennon

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: windows xp is still king

Post by bad_brain »

wow, been a while opp.... 8O and as you can see at least one site is still there.. :mrgreen:

I never used Vista, and Win7 is only used for gaming by me (simply because of Dx10 support)...but for all other purposes XP is still better than Win7 imo. as you said, it's faster and more reliable, the only advantages of Win7 are DX10/11 and the better 64bit support.

Radar_mX
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by Radar_mX »

XP is affected by million fucking exploits that a remote hacker can gain access to your system

SMB , IE exploits

on LAN someone can own you even fully patched XP

Vista is RAM sucker

Win7 is less RAM eater , safer and smart in preventing some malicious data execution

XP is lighter , I use it for gaming
[img]http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/9384/hak.png[/img]
"hacking isn't just a hobby, it is a way of life."

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

XP is affected by million fucking exploits
sure, but with a good configuration that's no problem....my XP runs with the initial SP2 (before I needed it for CS4 I even just used SP1) without any virus infection, etc. since years...and often I am even online with AV/firewall disabled.
it's all about disabling unneeded services like SSDP, time service, etc....SMB can also be disabled in the registry. and IE, well, using IE is like asking for malware... :lol:

Oppconsulting

Post by Oppconsulting »

Well boys and girls, I am now a dam vista user! The dell I had kept having proms and errors I was not sure every install did it was it cpu or mem nope it was a bad hard drive she froze on full format! So I took it to where I got it and exchanged it for a compaq the dam website has shut down xp support for compaq hp machines what a bitch! So I have now spent all night and half the day customizeing and hacking the crap out of it dam UAC making popups every move you make well I fixed that real fast! this one has that goofy but cool lightscribe and is dual layer plus more ram and hard drive I think I can learn to live with it!!!
“As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.”
― John Lennon
“One thing you can't hide - is when you're crippled inside.”
― John Lennon

Shimo

Post by Shimo »

You know opp, you could always install xp on it and just look for hardware specific drivers instead of going to there website. I remember my old compaq machine that came with 512 mb ram and vista. DX Vista's not tooooo bad. Key words, too bad. I ended up having to downgrade due to the fact it just couldn't run. So I went and got drivers for each and every piece of hardware, this was also about 3 months after vistas release. Why not do that? Also 7 is actually really good. Once you tweak it, it runs really nice. Any ways, hope that helps a little.
[img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q49/xblric9000000/ShimoSignature.jpg[/img]