Anyone ever pick up free goodies (useful books and the like)

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Anyone ever pick up free goodies (useful books and the like)

Post by Stavros »

I was wondering if anyone else ever finds really good second hand sources of information. I know this semester alone I've picked up four really good books (for those wondering O'Reilley's Runnign Linux, Network+ Guide to Networks, Core Python Programming, and the one I really wanted Linux Firewalls, 2nd Edition). The guy who did security in the lab I work in siad I could have them. A semester or two ago the University library had a book sale foof old books and I managed to pick up Data Structures Using C++ by D.S. Malik (wrote the book that I learned C++, really like his style), Computer Networks, Programming Pearl (another O'Reilly Book) for about $15-20.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Anyone ever pick up free goodies (useful books and the like)

Post by bad_brain »

I found a nice online bookstore that often has really nice offers, sometimes the book has a little scratch on the cover or it's the last year's edition, and so they sell it for down to 10% of the original price. I got a couple of books already there, my "Linux Bible" for 10 Euro instead of 60 for example.

they have mostly german books, but also some english ones:

http://www.terrashop.de/buecher/engl/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:)

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Re: Anyone ever pick up free goodies (useful books and the like)

Post by CommonStray »

Via craigslist I found a hermit selling his pc books - guy had more books about computers and tech than any library ive seen - rivaled the bookstore sections too

i bought a large quantity of books and he threw in an aold rack server with a box of solid states - all for less than $100