Introduction to aircrack

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
MoralExploit
forum buddy
forum buddy

Introduction to aircrack

Post by MoralExploit »

I wrote this tutorial two years ago maybe.. not sure but Some of the tools explained here there are newer versions just so you know.
Enjoy

Ive Been asked numerous time about How to use aircrack and Realy its getting annoying so Im making this tutorial for the people who Need to learn how to do this.
Ive added lots of detail and pictures to make it easier

Lets get started. First we need to gather all the tools. We need to get Aircrack to work.
Aircrack
AiroPeek NX DEMO No need to steal this for the fact its like 4000 dollars and we wont use it We just need the config files.Netstumbler Not needed but Helpfull
Ethereal

Now that we have all the tools lets get started Install Airopeek NX, Netstumbler and Ethereal. Dont extract Aircrack yet.

Now That we have those installed open up Airopeek Press ok when the Demo popup comes up. You will get a popup that says you need to install the correct drivers. Dont worry this is what is supposed to happen. Press ok and Airopeek Should start.
You should get a popup that says what device to use for capture if you get that good. Close Airopeek and go to where you installed it Usualy, Program Files/Wildpackets/Airpeek Demo. Open it up and then go to Driver and pick your card tipe. IF you need to see if your card is supported go to readme.html That has a list of cards that are supported. If yours isnt on there Well Tuff luck Go get a new card OR try a driver that is close to your card. Ive been told that some people have used the closest drivers and theyve worked. (This could mess up your card. Its not My fault if you try and install this and it messes it up.)

Since I hace a ORiNOCO Silver which is an Agere Im going into the Agere File.
Dont know what file to go into? Just go into all of them and click on the readme.html and it will give you a list of Cards that driver works for. Ok now since you know what driver works for your card go to
Control Pannel-Network Connections
Then you should see your card.

Right click on your card and go down to properties. Then once the new box pops up to go Configure Image then once the new one pops up go to the tab drivers.
then Click on Update drivers Image Once you do that Once again another pop up appears it says weather it wants to install it automaticly or Manualy siwtch it to manual or it will say (install from a special Location). Image then you will get a choice to install from the best location or dont search Ill find it Click on the Dont search Ill fild it, then press next. Then You will get a screen Like this Image Click on Have disk. then A popup will come. Go to where your drivers are located. then You should see a INF file press open then ok on the popup. On the bottom of the screen You will see This driver is not digitaly signed. Its ok thats what it is supposed to say once you have done that press next. It will start to install then tell you that this has not passed Windows testing Press continue this just means that Windows hasnt tested this driver Image. Your system will set a restore point just incase and will continue installing. When its done press OK and Wala you have finished the hardes part of this tutorial.

=============================
+ Getting the packets and Cracking the key+
=============================

Ok now is the time we extract Aircrack. Extract aircrack to your Airopeek NX folder. once its in there. Fire up Netstumbler to find a AP.
Get its MAC address and Channel Image
ok now that we know what channel the AP is running on and the MAC address lets start up Airodump. Image
press enter and let it start capturing Unique iv's. You Dont HAVE to put in the MAC address but if you dont It will capture ALL trafic from ALL AP's on Channel 9. Or what ever channel your scanning on. Image
Once you get enogh Iv's I usualy leave this running over night and for the day Its good to do it on weekends because people use wireless and internet all together more on weekends. Once you get enough just quit out and you will see the File that you named in your Airopeek folder Since I named mine WARDRIVING I find wardriving there.

Now Open Aircrack Time to crack the packets you can just take .cap file and drop it over aircrack thats what I do and it will automaticly generate the unique IV's if its less than what it was in the capture its ok it means that the capture program didnt count correctly.

Here Image

when its done cracking it will look like this Image

Thats all you need to know about Getting the wep key of some one.
Hope I helped.

Coming soon.
Single NIC Injection Explained.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

http://www.wifigeek.net/ftopicp-833.html Proven, unless you're stealing the guys user name, but i'll give you the benefit of that particular doubt... lol
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

MoralExploit
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by MoralExploit »

just so you know Im one of the admins at wifigeek. So if you want me to prove it Ill start a thread Here ill do it right now.

http://www.wifigeek.net/ftopicp-842.html#842

ajunix
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

afg

Post by ajunix »

ehm? What's aircrack 8)?

MoralExploit
forum buddy
forum buddy

Re: afg

Post by MoralExploit »

ajunix wrote:ehm? What's aircrack 8)?
Its used to get Unique IV's and with Enough of those IV's you have the ability to gain someones Wep Key.

ajunix
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by ajunix »

And what can i use wep keys to? ;)

MoralExploit
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by MoralExploit »

I'm not your baby sitter, Why dont you reserch some of this for your own.

sternbildchen
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by sternbildchen »

Wow oO friendly.

Hard to explain in english to me. :D The WEP Key is basicly the password for ur network. It protects ur network through encyrption. (i think up to 256bit today)

By the way its for WLan. :P

FrankB
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics

Post by FrankB »

ajunix wrote:And what can i use wep keys to? ;)
It is like bandwith thieves, and guys tapping from someone else's radio and television cable but they think they are more sophisticated.

In summary: nothing very creative or new..

--
FrankB
WLAN is for the bourgoisie.

LaBlueGirl
Suckopithicus chickasaurus
Suckopithicus chickasaurus

Post by LaBlueGirl »

ajunix wrote:And what can i use wep keys to? ;)
If you look in the Glossary for N00bs FrankB and I did, you'll find the answer to your question, and then some :)
"Hey, Crash!
Ever tried walking with no legs?

It's real slow!"
~Crunch, Crash Bandicoot TTR