Alien life - proven?

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Shimo
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Re: Alien life - proven?

Post by Shimo »

Hmmm, at the same time I also can't see space being warped to the point where point a is now adjacent to point b, but instead I imagine something along the lines of warping the imediate space infront of a ship, shrinking the space perhaps only by something smaller than a kilometer or so. This would allow light within the wark to travel faster than the light surrounding the area. The closest thing I can compare it to would be to drop an object in a vacume and drop an identical item through atmosphere.

I myself don't see it possible to bend large areas of space and time without causeing problems. But anywhere from a couple meters to a kilometer or two seems very feasable to me.

Also on a side note, these are just a little bit of a thought as to why we might see aliens someday travel to earth. #1 seeking colonization. #2 seeking natural resources #3 traveling colonies (Ever watched startrek?) #4 basicly any other reason we want to explorer, and then some. Point is, why wouldn't they want to find other life/planets/etc. Have we seen them yet? Most likely not. Will it happen? Yes. When? Who knows.
[img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q49/xblric9000000/ShimoSignature.jpg[/img]

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

My take on what you said in #2. Logically speaking and putting things to scale Earth has virtually no natural resources when you compare it to the sun. Why travel the extreme void of space only gain a fraction of a percentage of any given resource? I am sure that there are bigger planets to rape. Planets that contain trillions of units, of any natural resources compared to Earth, its not efficient or elegant to pick our planet.

And after thinking about it some, why colonize earth? We offer nothing different that the other trillions of planets in a since that all the starts and orbiting planets contain the same material. Sure its in different states but its there.

In my opinion aliens will never visit earth without introducing themselves first. They are going to, or have already sent out signals saying, "Any one out there?" Of course by the time we get the invitation they could be extent and our RSVP will be in vain. :-88
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

Shimo

Post by Shimo »

Hmm, that is true. But I'm not really saying just earth for resources. Why not mars? Filled with iron oxide and silicone. etc. You do have a good point though. Why come this far. Well if your already in the neirbourhood for some other reason, why not? Also I can't wait untill we find some sort of primitve life form. It would be really neat to se how life under a different envirnment evolved. Also who else wants to turn mars into a giant ball of thermite? Think it might get some alien attention? lol
[img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q49/xblric9000000/ShimoSignature.jpg[/img]

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

After some thought I think that bending space may still work. Initially I figured if you bent space to a specific star or a point in space, that that destination would not exist anymore because of the time delay of the viewed point. But after some tossing and turning I think that the bend would work still the light just travels in a curve.

- sorry if this is going off topic.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

No worries floodie, it's still basically on topic ^_^

As for reasons for them to visit us - just like shimo said, they may be interested in seeing how life developed under different conditions. Wouldn't you be interested if we found life existing on a distant planet to our own?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...