refurb laptop

...let us know what you think, free speech!
ilkjester
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

refurb laptop

Post by ilkjester »

So I was tired of not having myself a computer so I went ahead and found this refurb asus laptop on new egg for 400. It doesn't have an hdmi port which doesn't bother me because I don't have a tv anyways. Anyways tell me what you guys think. I had to be cheap. I'm trying to save for school. This laptop I needed for school haha.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6834220740
edit, glitch mob,sage francis, prefuse 73, gousien, andre nickatina, guilty simpson, j dilla, stones throw, mf doom, atmosphere, aesop rock, alias, block head, boom bip, dose one, busdriver, ttc, cannibal ox, dabrye, girl talk, heiroglyphics,2 mex, look d

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Re: refurb laptop

Post by lilrofl »

I like ASUS lappys, and for school work I think you'll find it adequate... unless you're doing some specialized courses. It should and will handle web, email, IRC, MSOffice and most other normal class software.

Is a netbook not to your liking, I find mine invaluable for school (and ASUS EEEPC 1000) and they can be found for between 3 and 4 hundred, less if you get a good refurbish deal from amazon or a google shop.

All things considered though, I think your find will suit the need.

Good luck with classes :)
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

definitely a good laptop for work/school, of course you will not be able to play the latest games with it because shared memory graphics is always not too good when it comes to gaming performance....but as I said: great offer and a good laptop for work/school... :)

ilkjester

Post by ilkjester »

I am not to worried about a gaming machine. I hardly ever play video games. Although I was thinking about starting up d2 lod the other day. :-k
edit, glitch mob,sage francis, prefuse 73, gousien, andre nickatina, guilty simpson, j dilla, stones throw, mf doom, atmosphere, aesop rock, alias, block head, boom bip, dose one, busdriver, ttc, cannibal ox, dabrye, girl talk, heiroglyphics,2 mex, look d

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

for Diablo2 it's good enough, I remember a buddy playing it on a regular laptop at the time when the game was newly released....and this is a couple of years ago, so this lappy is surely better... :lol: :wink:

ilkjester

Post by ilkjester »

Oh ya for sure. I was pwning d2 on a 1.8 ghz processor with an integrated video card and 184 mb of ram. This laptop will be hands down the fastest computer i've owned. I had a desktop with a 2.2 ghz processor and 3 gigs of ddr2 ram. Except it was only a 32 bit os and only had a single core processor.

ilkjester

Post by ilkjester »

So I got my laptop today. I installed debian lenny on to the same hard drive as windows 7. It went okay it picks up windows 7. Although debian doesn't recognize my wifi on this laptop. So I will have to look into that. I am typing this while riding in the car. I am tethering the wifi from my cell phone. Ill have to look into fixing the wifi issue when I get home so I can have a wired internet connection. If I run into problems I know where to go.