Installing "Flash on Debian lenny "Not a how to"

Don´t be shy, Linux is fun! =)
ilkjester
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Installing "Flash on Debian lenny "Not a how to"

Post by ilkjester »

Okay I give up. I have tried to install Flash on Debian so I could watch the linuxcbt deb edition while using debian. Makes sense right. I have tried a few different tutorials none of them work for me. I can't figure it out. Plus another thing I have noticed with the 2.6.26 kernal that comes default when I save the keyring for the root terminal when I exit the terminal and go to use it another time it has no problem loading the keyring. With the 2.6.32 kernal I install so I could have the ath9k drivers it will work the very first time I use the computer ie a new start up but after I save the keyring and go to open a terminal after exiting it is pretty much timing out then not opening the terminal. It will work randomly sometimes when I want it but I usually have to try 6-10 times. You can see how that would get annoying. I even have the flashplugin-nonfree-2.8.2 tar.gz file I extracted to. There is even an install file. I feel like this should be easier. I have completed everything else I wanted to do. I guess I could just watch it while on windows 7 with my vmware debian but I want to switch do linux completely eventually so the more hands on I get with debian the better.
edit, glitch mob,sage francis, prefuse 73, gousien, andre nickatina, guilty simpson, j dilla, stones throw, mf doom, atmosphere, aesop rock, alias, block head, boom bip, dose one, busdriver, ttc, cannibal ox, dabrye, girl talk, heiroglyphics,2 mex, look d

leetnigga

Re: Installing "Flash on Debian lenny "Not a how to"

Post by leetnigga »

Well, Flash performance sucks, but really, how hard is it to install? It's like 1 file you have to copy to a plugins directory.

What browser are you using? For Firefox it should be something like this:

Code: Select all

cp libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/firefox/plugins/
or

cp libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins/
or

cp libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/browser-plugins/
Download the archive with libflashplayer.so from Adobe, then copy it to the right directory. It's not that difficult.