G3

No, not for "Mack daddies"...for Apple users...^^
sanjepetey

G3

Post by sanjepetey »

Looking to install SDK, (iphone dev. software) onto this MacG3 comp i just got. im just aware at first glance my OS needs to be upgraded.
-ive nev er used a mac this sucks... so like. when i get the sdk on it ill be good to go.
I'm looking for some help in. upgrading the mac OS. (howto)
thanks in advance

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: G3

Post by n3rd »

official mac or hackintosh?

If it is a official mac, you probably cant upgrade because you lack an intel CPU.

Leopard and up require a intel CPU to make the OS function.

as for the SDK, you can get a licence for 100 dollars for a year.
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

sanjepetey

Post by sanjepetey »

i am very very unfamiliar with the OS in general where abouts do i navigate to to check authenticity, it has the apple logo, but im unsure what inside has been messed with it.
Thanks in advance.

SP

Artificial Interceptor
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by Artificial Interceptor »

If it is a official mac, you probably cant upgrade because you lack an intel CPU.

Leopard and up require a intel CPU to make the OS function.
Well n3rd ... thats not entirely true, but allmost... look i've had an Mac G4 with an PPC 1,60 Ghz orig. and it was born with Tiger OSX 10.4.11 i upgraded it to Leopard 10.5.8 and the machine loved it, it even run it better than the Tiger system ...
am very very unfamiliar with the OS in general where abouts do i navigate to to check authenticity, it has the apple logo, but im unsure what inside has been messed with it
I'm pretty familiar with mac i can tell that an G3 with an Apple Logo on the side is an orig. Mac.
in this link is there user manuals to Mac OS http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3212
BUT before you use this link you will have to find out what kind of system you are running on the Mac, to do that, you take your mouse pointer to the upper left corner of the screen, there should be an apple menu button, press that and a drop down menu should apear the first of the menu buttons says " About this Mac" press that. Now another program window should apear named About this Mac, in that window should a text message be wich says what OS you are currently running and other stuff that might be usefull further on for installing games and programs etc.

Now when you've done that you should be able to find out wich OS you are currently running on the Mac, and you can use that to press the link i gave you to go and find a Mac user guide for your system.

If you want to upgrade the system on it you'll have go to Apple's support page or google and write the question " HOW TOO upgrade and install new Mac OSX on a Mac, From 9.2.2 to 10.1.1 or 10.1.1 to 10.4.11" depending on what kind of system you have ofcurse... :lol:
Note that you CAN'T install other OSX on a Mac than Mac's own on a PPC Processor, SO don't even try! been there used alot of time on nothing but finding out that is def. impossible, unless you hack/crack the system ofcurse. :-99

Best Regards
Sincerly Artificial Interceptor [i]aka[/i] Plexrod
Music is Art!!.. Hacking is Art!!

sanjepetey

Post by sanjepetey »

thank you

Artificial Interceptor

Post by Artificial Interceptor »