Operation Payback

Our very own fight club!
ayu
Staff
Staff

Operation Payback

Post by ayu »

So, a lot of you probably know about the cyber war that is currently escalating on the big I Internet between people who are pro Wikileaks and people who are not.

It's basically Government and big corporations VS the people.

The so called "Anonymous" have setup a network of volunteers who all run a flooding application on their machine, and either attack a common target manually or they give the operators of a specific IRC server control over their machine.

They have DDoSed several sites already, and of them I know about is a bank server, mastercard, visa, paypal and some government sites (I know of some Swedish government related sites that have been hit). Although they have not been able to take down all of them completely due to a lack of numbers.

Now, I am pro Wikileaks, but I don't like the idea of a bunch of kids with guns, being able to bring down whole networks just because they feel like it. It seriously is giving a gun to each child and then also adding free will to that, letting them shoot whatever they want, thinking that there will be no consequences.

It doesn't just hurt the sites that they are attacking, it brings down entire networks, and other users and sites are affected as well.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Re: Operation Payback

Post by DNR »

If they are trying to be 'holier than thou' - over secrecy - they lost creditability with the DDoS attacks.

Sure we need secrets, but the government and corporations can't be trusted to tell the truth.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

lonewolf
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by lonewolf »

DNR wrote: Sure we need secrets, but the government and corporations can't be trusted to tell the truth.

DNR

How true

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

it's kinda fun to watch, but it will not change anything. the DDoS attacks are actually a very stupid tactic, because it's the same unfair behavior people claim to be opposing, and it plays right into the hands of the people demanding censorship.
the wikileaks files will never disappear from the net anyway, there are so many mirrors already, so a good tactic would have been to stay calm and give the opponent (another) chance to show who is the evil one instead of a childish "we can be evil too" action which gives nothing but bad PR.
this war can only be won by public opinion, not by online penis length comparison.

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

Operation pay Back and how it works by 'Christina Warren'

http://techden.info/index.php/operation ... operation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I posted this stuff in my blog and as Opreation Payback thread has already been created so i have posted the link of it in here. Hope it's in violation of the rules and if it is Sorry in advance and I shall make a new thread with the post in it and not the link. Since my blog has no adds in it so I felt free to post the link of it in here.
Hope this piece of small info is a good one to :P :mrgreen:

Regards,
Broken Angel
God Blessed Me With Forgiveness And I Forgive You With My Revenge...!

-Broken Angel

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Good job on your blog site.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

Fanks sir coming from on of my ideals its something really huge for me :D fanks sir... obliged :D :D
God Blessed Me With Forgiveness And I Forgive You With My Revenge...!

-Broken Angel

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

Well written article, thanks