What's In Your Bag

...let us know what you think, free speech!
lykos
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

What's In Your Bag

Post by lykos »

I have noticed that many forums inevitably have a "what's in your bag thread' so i thought that i would start one and see what the hackers out there carry with them on a day to day basis. So what kind of bag do you carry and what are the things that you carry with you?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: What's In Your Bag

Post by bad_brain »

um, first time I've read seen such a thread, but that's maybe because I don't hang around in other boards... :lol:

so here we go, actually I don't really carry much with me, but if I am on tour that's my standard stuff:

- USB stick with all important data like logins, mobile SSH-, IRC- and email-clients
- my trusty Nokia cellphone (keeps me informed about the server status)
- a lockpicking set
- ciggies and zippo (only when I am using the car, not when using the bike)

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

My bag is not that exciting, just data sheets and other documents.

The pile is out of the bag

Sometimes ill have a snack as well 8O
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

As I don't have my regular equipment here in the states, I can only describe it :P

I usually have my netbook in my bag, water, a pen and some paper ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

BOWL...??? ](*,) ](*,) anyways...it's nah lappy, mah iPod, Sony Cybershot (Nothing that much only a 14.1 mpixs) #-o , yes mah deodorant :| at times mah googles, and book for study... :P :^o
God Blessed Me With Forgiveness And I Forgive You With My Revenge...!

-Broken Angel

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Post by maboroshi »

Your all geeks lol (but in a good way)

I carry a giant Python with me at all times... But seriously alls I have on me is a wallet sometimes not even that...

And occasionally my cell phone

Edit * Soon I will have my Nook Reader :-P

Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

I sure hope there isn't anyone who would consider being called geek an insult around here.

I carry around a netbook, notes, pens, a paper holder, batteries, loads of small things that can be useful in various ways (needles, paper clips etc), a backup condom, throat pills, my glasses and a couple of books related to whatever I'm currently doing :D

I love your bag floodie :D

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

Ooh abt Weed :P \:D/ i just came back from a weed party... awesome... and u know Indian Weed is the best ;) freaking knows ppl out... We use this ;)

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 ... tauZAHX4wg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:mrgreen: :oops: :oops:
God Blessed Me With Forgiveness And I Forgive You With My Revenge...!

-Broken Angel

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

Good thing I cleaned out the bag otherwise this would be a longer list,

1) Laptop
2) alltel wireless network card (no download cap yet)
3) 4 gig portable drive
4) 2 320 gig drives different os's
5) 3 500 gig drives 2 os and one for just storage
6) 25 different patch cords for many different appliances can connect to almost everything.
7) 10 blank dvd's and 10 blank cd's
8) 3 Linux live cd's
9) spare internal wireless network card
10) blue-tooth travel mouse
11) blue-tooth Keyboard
12) portable 12vdc/120vac charger
13) Spare large capacity battery
14) standard charger 90 watt
15) 6 different coloured fine point sharpies, 10 pens, 3 mechanical pencils with 2 extra packages of lead (carbon)
16) portable digital voice recorder 14 hr capacity.
17) lighter fluid for my zippo
18) one antique Radio Shack 32K data recorder that still works and I still use for phone numbers.
19) measurements and conversions book filled with everything but what you need. However I know now if I order 1tun of beer it will be equal to two butts or four hogshead which equals 252 gallons.
20) 2 notebooks

I think that is pretty much everything at the moment, I used to carry more and sometimes two different bags at the same time but I had to consolidate a little.

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

How do you fit all that in one bag? :O

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

It is a large Samsonite business bag. My wife purchased it for me a long time ago. It has a place for the laptop and a lot of extra storage. The best part of the bag it has a zipper in the middle that if you need extra space it expands an extra 3 inches/7.62cm. I have been looking for another one but the one I have is the only one that I ever seen. Samsonite offers something close now but it is not the same. It is leather and does not have the same storage capacity as the one I have.
I had to clean it out because it weighed a little over 40 lbs or 18.1 kg. A picture of what it kind of looks like is in the link below.

http://shop.samsonite.com/Samsonite-Bus ... B003JIV7PC

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Back in the day, I call the the "Black Bag" as it was used for "Black Ops" when I worked in the crime lab and private and retail security.

1. alligator clips attached to RJ-11 connector (laptop modem connects to internet via ANY telco box)
2. Various RJ-45 cables for laptop to connect to networks, or another machine
3. Lockpicking tools, bolt cutters
4. Hidden Camera Gear (borrowed from the crime lab) (try outdoor wildlife cameras that trigger via movement)
5. Fingerprint recovery kit (trust me - very useful)
6. Binoculars (stake out)
7. Black op clothes for change out - UPS uniform, Mailman, or camo/black
8. Cuffs and/Zip Ties
9. various business cards and badges for impersonation
10. vehicle stops - tire deflator, wire cutters (for battery cable)
11. Bullet proof vest (II)
12. Weapons - gas, homemade flashbangs, firearms, and pelletguns (for outdoor lights and cameras!)
13. snacks and water!
14. (forgot) Theft Detection Powders - both UV light or stain marking - great for catching sneak thieves.

Nowdays:
1. laptop with broadband wireless
2. digital cameras (saving for a DSLR for zoom lenses)
3. weapons
4. USB Sticks with hacking tools
5. Digital scale for weighting marijuana
6. upto 2.5 ounces of medical grade marijuana

I saved all my old gear for senimental value - I used everything except the homemade flashbangs in my employment with various security agencies. Thats how I earned my nicknames like '007' or 'TroubleShooter', it is also how I got a few problems with law enforcement as you cross over the fine lines of legal and illegal sometimes. I was caught at one job hiding in the bushes trying to get photographs with a 35mm SLR one night by a observant office worker (and I was a bit cocky too!) who saw me decked out in black BDUs, carrying the camera. When the police showed up, they put hands on me and detected my bullet proof vest - which made them very nervous (they probably didn't have one!) finding OC gas in my vehicle didn't help. A quick call to my handler defused the situation and I was allowed to go on my way with all my gear - minus the photos.
Nevermind what I was doing, it was work..

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

Lemme see here, I have a little 12 liter day pack that I carry around now more then my messenger bag. in it I have:

netbook computer, the cords are in there too, but they are routed up the back so I can plug my bag in at the airport instead of taking the whole computer out.
notebook
pen and pencil
calculator... it's a TI 30xs... I love that thing!
Liter of water, and to be fair I usually have a liter of MT. Dew on the other side :D
there's a Gerber in there, I think it's a diesel model but I don't really recall
Some change for the vending machine, and a small first aid kit.
When I take my camera out, I also have a myriad of SD and CF cards flashes and gels in there as well.

I'm pretty sure that's all that's in my bag... now if you wanna see pseudo-paranoia, you should take a peek in my trunk :D
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

lilrofl wrote: I'm pretty sure that's all that's in my bag... now if you wanna see pseudo-paranoia, you should take a peek in my trunk :D
OK, now I'm interested! Please don't make me open a "What's in your trunk" thread for this [-o< :D

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Hey! who could forget the SOG tool! Not in the bag - attached to my ass!

*thumb* lilrofl

"Whats in the Trunk?"

"First rule of transporting - Never Look in the package."

Clean trunk - nothing for the cops to hit on.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.