Creed of detachment

...let us know what you think, free speech!
floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Creed of detachment

Post by floodhound2 »

In the spirit of new year I am taking a "Creed of detachment".

You in?

1. Release a wireless network for a week, so that young-0nes looking my find, answers!
2. Use only the keyboard for 11000 hours on a machine.
3. Compromise a “designed system” that was not compromised previously. This does not mean to be negative, yet...
4. Not knowing a system will not set well with me.
5. Continue to keep my mind open so that restraint becomes helpless.
*thumb*
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

lonewolf
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Re: Creed of detachment

Post by lonewolf »

It sounds quite interesting expand on this a little more

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

:-k

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

My drunk poetry gets me again. :-s
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

8O 8-[ 8-[ 8O :? :?
God Blessed Me With Forgiveness And I Forgive You With My Revenge...!

-Broken Angel

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

don't ask him to expand on this post. [-(

Suck-O is like family, you have to get to know them to understand what and why they do things. I can spot the drunk poetry (others will write on here drunk, sometimes I can be pretty high on marijuana) so I try to read between the lines. There is a message in everything we do.

I always considered floodie to be like me and perhaps BB - while we enjoy being here on suck-o, we can be pretty detached in public or real life. Some of us here, while we enjoy neos that come here (don't worry some become morpheus's) we still have that instinct to push neos harder. We don't want neos to get comfortable with suck-o as a nest, so we'll shove you out now and then to see if you'll fly.

I know what floodie means when he made this list:
"1. Release a wireless network for a week, so that young-0nes looking m(ight) find answers!
3. Compromise a “designed system” that was not compromised previously. This does not mean to be negative, yet...
5. Continue to keep my mind open so that restraint becomes helpless."

He is trying to encourage others to build networks to find other neos seeking answers, he would only want to use a keyboard so long, so he can try a new one to learn. He thinks like Suck-O - compromise systems, to learn not harm. He also hates posers - people that lack understanding of computers, but pretend. And of course - Keep your mind open, so you may be free from restraint...

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

I want test myself more in this New Year by making a list. This list is my creed to help me stay on track. DNR hit some of what I was trying to say but, ill restate it.

1. Release a wireless network for a week, so that young-0nes looking my find, answers!
Just giving back to the community. Where I live internet is not free and I think that it should be.

Reminds me of the days when I did not have a mouse it just was not invented yet. Also this makes me sharp and 11000 is 1 day but in base2.

I just want to hack my TV remote or some other hardware that I have laying around my garage. Just to test my nerve and patience.

This is my version of an alcoholic admitting that they are an alcoholic. I admit that I have a problem, and its machines that keep me awake in the night. I admit that it wont set well with me and I need to accept it.

I stated this one because...
... I don't want to let the news, or a individual make my mind think the way that they want it to. Like brainwashing. I want to make sound decisions based on my own collection of concepts and experiences. I don't want to buy shoes because some famous person says they are the shit. I want to stay clear in an age when mind hacking is big business.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

Thank you

Part of the reason I asked for an expansion is that we think a lot a like. I just had to make sure.

I have been talking to machinery for the last 27 years and have lost a little of my ability to talk to people. So some times I ask for clarification on things.

1." Release a wireless network for a week, so that young-0nes looking my find, answers!
Just giving back to the community. Where I live internet is not free and I think that it should be. "

When the wife and I moved to Missouri and I set up the internet connection at the house. I removed the security and added two extra wireless routers to broadcast farther. The neighbours did not have a computer so I built one for them and gave it to them. They use my wireless and love the internet and learn more each day. The wireless here is open for who finds it and wants to use it.

2. "Use only the keyboard for 11000 hours on a machine.
Reminds me of the days when I did not have a mouse it just was not invented yet. Also this makes me sharp and 11000 is 1 day but in base2.

I understand this as well I had a trs 80 computer in the 1980's. No mouse no colour and a pain in the arse to use. I recently installed an os on a virtual box with out a desktop so I would have to do everything with the keyboard and command line. So far all that it has done is remind me of how much I forgot over the years.

I just want to hack my TV remote or some other hardware that I have laying around my garage. Just to test my nerve and patience.

My wife calls it frankinsteining things. Their is not an electronic device or an appliance that I have not modified in one way or another. Usually for the better. She was so thrilled after 22 years of marriage when I finally purchased a tv instead of repairing one that I had found. I can not see small parts well anymore. Part of the reason I am learning programming I can make the letters and symbols really large on the screen.

This is my version of an alcoholic admitting that they are an alcoholic. I admit that I have a problem, and its machines that keep me awake in the night. I admit that it wont set well with me and I need to accept it.

Yea...., I still have that problem. It started when I used to repair co2 lasers. I had the laser memorized I had the machine that the laser was attached to memorized. But I had one walking wounded component in the machine, I searched for it for a week and could not find it. One night I was yelling at the wife for not getting the part I needed to fix it. When she woke me up I realized what had happened I apologized, then I got dressed went to work and proceeded to find and fix the problem. 22 years and three careers she has been living with this. I am surprised she has not smothered me with a pillow yet.

It is a quest for knowledge and perfection that we are on. Not knowing why drives me insane. That one quirk, hiccup, sound or one thing out of place, that no one else seems to notice is what I pick up on immediately. Then the quest begins until I can find the answer as to why. It is not a bad thing though, I now understand that it is the difference between being good at something and excelling at it.

I have consumed many butts of beer over the years to try to stop my mind from processing things while asleep or even awake. It has not worked, not for lack of trying though. It is how I am wired and I accept it now, it makes me who I am and it causes me to strive for excellence.

... I don't want to let the news, or a individual make my mind think the way that they want it to. Like brainwashing. I want to make sound decisions based on my own collection of concepts and experiences. I don't want to buy shoes because some famous person says they are the shit. I want to stay clear in an age when mind hacking is big business.

I agree 100%
I believe everyone needs to adopt this as something to live by.
There is so much garbage out there trying to tell you that you are not good enough. If you buy this, get that, think this way and do what we tell you, you will be a better person. It is all bs to sell products and ideas we really do not need or for that matter want.

Conversion
1 barrel = 31.5 gallons
1 hogshead = 2 barrels
1 butt = 2 hogsheads
1 tun = 2 butts = 252 gallons

I had to add this to the bottom after reading the post. I could just see this raising questions. He is consuming WHAT? :D

l0ngb1t

Post by l0ngb1t »

floodhound2 wrote: 5. Continue to keep my mind open so that restraint becomes helpless.

me like. =D>
There is an UNEQUAL amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly. "The Jester"

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

"hey is he drinking beer out of someone's butt?" :lol:

Funny how crazy shit turns into gold on suck-o.

I liked these comments:
"This is my version of an alcoholic admitting that they are an alcoholic. I admit that I have a problem, and its machines that keep me awake in the night. I admit that it wont set well with me and I need to accept it. "
"I have been talking to machinery for the last 27 years and have lost a little of my ability to talk to people."
"The neighbours did not have a computer so I built one for them and gave it to them. They use my wireless and love the internet and learn more each day. The wireless here is open for who finds it and wants to use it. "
"My wife calls it frankinsteining things."
"I am wired and I accept it now, it makes me who I am and it causes me to strive for excellence."

Honest, off the cuff comments that expose wisdom. My life is almost the same as yours. I even understand the drinking to obliterate the mind. It seems the more we know, the more we have to know. The more we know, the more we know there is more to know. lol. spoken like an OCD Hyperactive geek...

Welcome to the Suck-o world - admitted hacker addicts anonymous.

DNR
-

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

LOL so true, so true indeed.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ