[offtopic]About india[/offtopic]

...let us know what you think, free speech!
pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

[offtopic]About india[/offtopic]

Post by pseudo_opcode »

Hi friends,
Ok!! so i have seen a lot of americans who have a lot of misconceptions about india, i m saying americans in particular since its my job to communicate with them, now i want to know what do you all think about india, i mean when you hear 'india' what impression do you get?

Let me know and i'll let you know whats the reality.

*Edit* if you have any negative comment,feel free to post it, i wont feel offended at all, i will just enjoy!!! :wink:

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, well, I don´t care at all from which country someone is, in any country there are good people and assholes...treat me with respect and I´ll handle you the same way, that´s my motto.. :wink:
and hey, what would the Simpsons be without Apu? :lol: :wink:

I´ve seen boards where people from India were not really welcome, I think the only problem is misunderstandings because of the cultural differences.
imo it´s a shame for a site which deals with "hacking" to exclude people from a certain country because hacking is about freedom.
ok, I admit I´m not free from prejudices too against certain people, but I would never tell somebody to go away only because he´s from country xxxxx.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

one person at a time

Post by DNR »

I discourage prejudice because it is bad thinking.

I dislike India for several reasons - cheap IT put many out of work here.
India is a call-service for 24 hour help lines in the US, why are there many that can't speak english clearly? I don't 'blame' India for anything, because it was also american companies that decided to make a $ by sending work over there anyways.

I take the world one person at a time.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

mystikblaze
Infinite Haze
Infinite Haze

Post by mystikblaze »

Last edited by mystikblaze on 21 Jun 2009, 08:12, edited 1 time in total.
Any fool can count the seeds in an apple. Only God can count all the apples in one seed. ~Robert H. Schuller
God is the greatest.

d10b
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

India

Post by d10b »

No concerns over India... looks like a nice place to visit.
``The true voyage of discovery lies not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes``

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Post by Necrix »

People are people.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

Well well well, expected and unexpected response!!!
Actually i just wanted to know what you guys think about india.... i mean i have met certain americans who ask me "Do you still go to office in bullock carts???" and a miss told me one day, "I never knew they have computers in India.. " I mean wtf??

Anyway i know you all may have had bad experiences with India, as bad_brain told us, we have many assholes over here, honestly if you ask me, i will say like 75-80% of people here will do anything for money and they are assholes,(i hope they dont kill me for posting this :) ) but there ARE good people, a country with so big population will obviously be like this, and regarding the "cheap IT thing", Call centres over here offer very good salaries, a person over here prefers to work in call centre rather than doing programming..

I agree that here we have a lot of corruption, but the government is largely responsible for this if not entirely. Anyway i must not go too deep, otherwise i would be in trouble.. :)

And mystikblaze regardind my education,i am still doing graduation, i've just passed my school(i was doing engineering when i was expelled from the college), and right now seeking admission in another college,(but already i have a job :wink: ) i m 18 years old.

Anyways, this post was created since i wanted to know how much you know about the culture of this country.

I know all of you are exactly right and i didnt feel offended at all, but still it made me feel bad. :( well what can be done about it, as Necrix said people are people
Last edited by pseudo_opcode on 09 Jul 2006, 17:08, edited 1 time in total.

d10b

Confucious say:

Post by d10b »

Better off not asking questions if you're afraid of the answers. :)
``The true voyage of discovery lies not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes``

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Re: Confucious say:

Post by pseudo_opcode »

d10b wrote:Better off not asking questions if you're afraid of the answers. :)
I never said i m afraid of the answers, i said i was sad, and that too i was asking about the culture, and not people, maybe i couldnt explain what i wanted to know.

But still i like those things from which i m afraid of. :D

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

I work at a store as a sales person. Honeslty i dont like helping indians or asians because they are always very picky and always have to get the cheapest stuff. But then on the other hand they are always nice, i have never been bitched by them, unlike white folk who can be reall ass holes. lol man, i sound racist! no offense to anyone, people suck everywhere. actually, now that i have thought, i dont like people. kittens are much better. the end.

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

lol, you think all indians are black??? Well if you see me you will call me a white too...

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

Haha. Yea, no matter where you go there will always be assholes. There is no society free of assholes.

Heh, when you make generalizations, you're generally wrong. Hooray irony.

FrankB
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics

Post by FrankB »

I love India, 've been there in 1996 for six months : Bombay, Bangalore, Madras, Poona, Puri and the city where i saw the most astonishing things : Vanarasi. I love it. Not one week goes by without me thinking about Vanarasi. One can feel in India that it is one of the mother countries of all civilisations: the Indo-European. Man, and i really dig your 300 languages, lol. No sincerely: i really tried to learn a bit of Hindi, the script is so majestic, so graceful.

And India is the motherland of numbers (no, Arabs, you kind of *stole* the 'zafar' and the 'al jabbar' from the Hindu). The Hindu's invented the concept of negative numbers and by that way, the algebraic equation.

India is so beautiful that even the Indians like to travel in their own country. (I hate your bus-trips though, man you guys are LOUD, lol)

The diversity in India, that is what surprised me also. At first glance we might think you are all Hindu's that believe in some weird buddha. But once i arrived there, WOW!, I never saw a civilisation that had so many different cults and devotees.
Your mythology is five times as big as the Greek, i think you guys even beat the Chinese in that matter.
Only the battle of Arjuna takes 5000 pages, see what i mean ?

Computers ? Well f*ck computers, that's the real last thing i was thinking about when i was in India. I like to read on builletin boards that loads of linux developers are Hindi. I cannot associate *my* Indian Dream with computers though, really not. Well, maybe in the university of Lucknow, which is close to Vanarasi, yeah. That would be nice : a sysadmin job in India, in Uttar Pradesh.

Then, in the south (Madras) i realised people were more hostile in general, a bit savage also. In Uttar Pradesh, somewhere between two stops on those slow trains you have ;-), a *pandit* explained me how they also have a North-South conflict in India. I like countries with a North-South conflict, that makes me want to dig for more knowledge and the initial differences.

Mostly, i travel to countries where i like the music : so, in Vanarasi i heard ans saw what i had to and really had my fill.

When i die, i want my corpse to be burnt in vanarasi, and i know exactly where, address and all.

Then, when you travel deeper in the country and have a good guide, there's the tribes! Genuine tribes, like on discovery channel but in real. Wow, i felt like Livingstone or something, standing there in the midst of a crowd : they hadn't seen a "white man" in years. Man, oh, man, 'got so many things to tell about India that it makes me hungry! The food, aw.. so diverse and healthy and all those perfumes... (yeah, i am a Beljun, so, i think "fo0d!".)

--
FrankB

FrankB
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics

Post by FrankB »

Yet then, there is lots of work to do at the Luckow University.

http://www.lucknowuniversity.org/gb/default.asp

*ding*

--
FrankB "Keep India Windows-free !!!"

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

damn Frank_B, u proved that u cant judge any country before u visit it by yourslef. well maybe except iraq, it kinda sucks there right now