What CMS?

All about creating websites!
ayu
Staff
Staff

What CMS?

Post by ayu »

As of lately I have noticed how little time I have in my life.
Going to school, searching for jobs and doing daily stuff at home to keep things going in my life.
There simply is no time for fun projects like setting up sites, and in this case my company site.

I am trying to decide on what CMS to use.
I want a CMS which is powerful, has a high usability, a lot of ready made modules out there, and of course is highly secure and configurable.

I am thinking of using Joomla at the moment, as I have used it before a lot, and I know of the limitations of it as well as the previous security issues with it (meaning that I know what to loom out for when for example choosing a new module).

Any suggestions and/or advice are welcome :)

Thanks.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: What CMS?

Post by bad_brain »

hm, I also recommend Joomla. I mean, there is no CMS out there which had no security issues already, and as long as you patch as soon as possible and chose the modules with care it is very secure. IF you chose Joomla I recommend to check the needed modules first for 1.6 support because even the "big players" like Virtuemart are not 1.6-ready yet, of course it's no problem to keep using 1.5 for now because it is still maintained and patched.

if you want an alternative you might have a look at typo3:
http://typo3.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:wink:

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Thanks for the reply buddy ;)

I think I will go for Joomla.
I already had a look at 1.6 and it looks nice :)
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

trickb0x
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by trickb0x »

Wordpress is also nice if you're looking for something small scale. They have a lot of flashy add-ons for making sites (especially photography sites),