Hai .o/

Introduce yourself here....
Polynomial
forum buddy
forum buddy

Hai .o/

Post by Polynomial »

Evening all,

I'm Polynomial, I'm an active member of several syssec/netsec sites (XtremeRoot and EvilZone mainly) and I figured I'd come see what this place has to offer.

I'm fluent in C#, C++, C, VB.NET, x86 assembly, PICASM, PICC, PHP, XML, XHTML/CSS, JavaScript, SQL (MySQL, MSSQL and Oracle) and at an intermediate level of Java, Perl, Python and a whole bunch of other languages.

Experienced in remote vulns (sqli, rfi, xss, etc.) and code exploitation (e.g. rbof) as well as reverse engineering, crypto/cryptanalysis, sniffing, wardriving and Windows kernel internals.

Hope to get to know you all and help bring new material to the site.

EDIT: Crap! My auto-filler put .Root on the end of my nick. Could an admin change my name to just 'Polynomial' please? Thanks :oops:

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Hai .o/

Post by ph0bYx »

Welcome to Suck-O. Please familiarize yourself with our rules and enjoy your stay!

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Not sure what to say. Those sites you are from are black hat and even allow CCs, defacement, and probably dropping and shipping.
People that generally gravitate to those sites provide us with job security and not much else. Most are generally criminals and only seek to understand hacking enough to exploit people, and even then - their tricks are only good on people who put too much good faith into human kindness and law and order.

So, where will you fit in. :-k

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Polynomial
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by Polynomial »

DNR, I generally hang out in blackhat sites because they are one of the few places you can talk to people who are into syssec/netsec. Any hacking I've done in the past has been whitehat (ok, maybe the odd bit of greyhat), except in my younger days when I was involved in a few inter-community feuds. And I assure you, regardless of the stance of certain sites I frequent on carding, I've never done any myself out of principle. My day job involves maintaining the security of our network (about 1500 machines) so I'm very much pro-security. These days I'm mainly into teaching people and coding.

I'm glad you took the time to see where I'm at morally, since it's very often people just are happy to see one more user on their board with no regard for what qualities (or lack thereof) they might bring. It's also refreshing to see a large number of your users' posts are in full English, with txtspk being frowned upon. I think I'll like it here :)

P.S. To the admin who changed my login nick, thanks! :P :oops:

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

Welcome to Suck-o, I think you'll find that we aren't your average forum. Quality of individual is rated pretty high here.

I hope you find it a compatible environment, and that your stay is enjoyable :)
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

Sorry for going a little bit off topic here, but I have a question about EvilZone. They used to be a pretty skiddie-like place but I remember ande saying something about changing to a more professional attitude, and I see that they made an effort towards it. Since you're frequent there, I was wondering how are they progressing?

Polynomial
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by Polynomial »

Yeah, it used to be a real skiddie-fest but ande clamped down on a lot of that. He shifted all the forum posts from last year into an archive section and began a fresh start again for the main board. It's been pretty good so far. I think he's always going to have the problem that public boards on the topic of hacking tend to degrade due to the masses of thirteen year old morons that think hacking is "so l33t", unless of course the mods spend half their lives being complete nazis about post quality. If I remember correctly they've implemented a policy of "no handholding" and "teach, don't feed" to help quell the growth of new skript-kiddies.

So in summary, there is progress and it's better now, but for how long it will remain I do not know.

lykos
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by lykos »

Welcome to suck-o! Im sure you will enjoy your stay here everyone here is friendly high quality individuals. I have found these forums to be a safe haven from all of the skiddie forums that i used to frequent because i had no where else to go to discuss net sec.

~[Lykos]~

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I am glad you recognized the "teach, don't feed" method - it works on skiddies and posers here as well. Its pretty obvious if you do not want to learn - you just want a free meal. Suck-o is not a charity - many of us came to suck-o as a refuge, from daily lives as real hackers. Real hackers: CIS/IT students, employment/employed IT field, self-study gurus, and other geniuses that 'hack' systems like people, people policies and procedures, social engineers, medical (human body hacking!), law and tactics - what ever. We at Suck-o recognize the hacker as a mindset. It is a personality type, and it can be clearly defined. We found that including hackers from other areas of thought - besides computer, expanded the creativity and thought of the computer hackers. We had similar issues.

Suck-o is about the Red Pill.
Awareness, self actualization, empowerment, freedom. Responsibility.

Some of you will dive in to the forums, read to get caught up with the rest of us.
Some of you will make the forums your routine, a part of your life.
Some of you will make effort to understand your peers here, and learn about yourself.
Some of you, will become hackers.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

welcome to suck-o! after reading your exchange with DNR, i am very pleased to welcome you! =)