Tactical .22 GSG 5

Hobbies that have no own category (yet).
DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Tactical .22 GSG 5

Post by DNR »

I miss tactical shooting drills, so I got a new weapon to gear up -
The german made GSG5SD
Project: change out forearm for rail system, vertical foregrip, light, maybe laser. Top rail will have reflex sight. Collapsable stock. mag clamp. The light will have a strobe feature.

yea, it will be the shit - it should look something like this when done.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

lonewolf
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Re: Tactical .22 GSG 5

Post by lonewolf »

Nice equipment, too bad I can not get a magazine for my marlin like that. what is that a 30 round clip?

l0ngb1t

Post by l0ngb1t »

beautiful piece,
how much it cost?
There is an UNEQUAL amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly. "The Jester"

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I used to have a marlin Camp 9, the 9mm was very powerful coming out of a 16" barrel. I shot up a car with one and the 9mm would enter the windsheild, through the driver's seat, through the back seat and into the trunk. Side to side, resulted in through and through pentration of both doors! So thumbs up to Marlin for their 9mm carbine.
Not so sure I like their .22s. I actually modded one into a pistol. Then destroyed it (experiment and no need for a illegal firearm)

The GSG5 gets 22 round mags (those damn germans can't count to 30? lol) what is nice about a tactical setup - you can use magazine clamps to hold two clips side by side for quick change out.

I have to rework the trigger group - the trigger pull is just a little bt gritty - it feels like it just needs to be smoothed out.

This weapon is suppose to retail for $499, I get it on sale for $379. Don't get the faux titanium finish, it can be damaged by solvents and can't be fixed.

All the other gear should cost about $300.

The potential for modifications requires some restraint. The device can easily be modified to be suppressed and even full auto. The fake suppressor that is on this device is already being recalled by the BATF - as it is almost a complete silencer - you just need to drill holes or modify the end cap and cut the barrel. The barrel itself can be cut down and threaded easily as well. The company GSG got sued by H&K for copying the MP5, so they re-released the GSG5 as the GSG522 - with a few mods to make their gun look less like an MP5. The funny thing is - while my SD version is considered illegal by the BATF with its fake suppressor, you can buy the kits today, from the same company - to convert the 'legal smaller suppressor' back to the fat can 'illegal' suppressor'. :roll: thats USA laws in action.

I only plan to gear up the weapon, there appears to be a tactical shooting school nearby as well as a country shooting club.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

DNR wrote:The GSG5 gets 22 round mags (those damn germans can't count to 30? lol)
history has shown 22 rounds are enough for an average german to invade a country, that's why... :lol:

but yeah, a really nice piece, I love it hightech....my personal fav is the AA12:

[youtube][/youtube]

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Every country is not going to be like France :lol: (I always kid BB about german stuff, but he knows I envy that shit)

I love the german made quality, like BMWs you can see some nice work on this weapon.
I am sure like a BMW, there will be a few tweaks to be done - but it will be the best thing on the road..

The AA12 is nice, I would buy something like that - if there was a place to shoot it normally. Most places won't allow 12ga indoors, and certainly not rapid fire.

The tactical .22 looks like a sneaky way to allow indoor ranges and outdoors to allow you to shoot rapid fire (oh, its only a .22). Plus the ammo is cheap - $14 for 500+ rounds means you can shoot 1,000 rounds easy on a regular basis. The last time I owned a 12 ga tactical I had to reload my own ammo (check out the "maylasian load - 00 buckshot + lead BBs load) to cut shooting costs.

DNR
-

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

bad_brain wrote:history has shown 22 rounds are enough for an average german to invade a country, that's why... :lol:
:lol:

Nice weapon you have there DNR, looks like a fun weekend waiting to happen :)

Recently I've been drawn to the .17 HMR, believe it or not... I love that little bullet. I've been toying around with the idea of getting a small bolt action to teach a friend of mine the finer points of long distance marksmanship. It looks like a blast to shoot, and is a might bit cheaper then the 6.5X47 Lapua or the .338 Lapua... plus it will help to instill good fundamentals wile avoiding the development of a flinch reflex.
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

In my country its illegal to have weapons, unfortunately. I wish I can have a weapon, and practice shooting.
mahmoud_shihab@hotmail.com

Raz0r
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by Raz0r »

moudy wrote:In my country its illegal to have weapons, unfortunately. I wish I can have a weapon, and practice shooting.
It is the same here in my country ,"sigh" too bad.
I can use all the shells,so now I can finally hear the ocean

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

many good reasons one might need a firearm - keep your government honest!

But best of all - it keeps the criminals in their place..

DNR
-

Raz0r
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by Raz0r »

Wow is that you in that pic,the gun looks awsome.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

yea someone said I looked like my avatar

DNR
-

TheScottyTurner
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by TheScottyTurner »

yea someone said I looked like my avatar
Haha, you kinda do!!
Personally, I think you look like the bald dude from the Shield (Can't think of his name right now). Oh, nice gun by the way!!!
moudy wrote:
In my country its illegal to have weapons, unfortunately. I wish I can have a weapon, and practice shooting.

Haha, God bless the U.S.A. uh?

Raz0r
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by Raz0r »

TheScottyTurner wrote:Quote:
moudy wrote:

Haha, God bless the U.S.A. uh?
Riiiiight :-99

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Hey P4 - we got to get your picture with the GSG5 - send that pic home!

Ah yea - "Vic" from the sheild. I am actually watching that now. Interesting man, trying to balance the line between good and evil, but his tactics are shady. Sounds like Grey hat.

Lastly, remember - train to live - when asked "Did you shoot to Kill?" - you say " I shot to live!"

DNR
-